Can I get rid of all Scenes?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Can I get rid of all Scenes?

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Whenever I open a new part created by others, it comes in with a scene/environment/background enabled. Is there any way to make these go away always and forever or am I stuck with deleting this garbage on every part? Again, I'm asking about parts created by others, not my own.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
by JSculley » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 pm
There's a System setting:
image.png
Go to full post
JSculley
Answers: 52

Re: Can I get rid of all Scenes?

Unread post by JSculley »

There's a System setting:
image.png
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

I've run into this before and wondered, why is the desirable behavior different than the "recommended" option. What makes Use Document setting the recommended?

I've been taught that most of the time when a software company says one option is "recommended" over others, their best intentions are not aligned with mine, or most users.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Recommended pretty much means if you switch this setting issues might arise and you will have to deal with them. And by issues, I mean user issues, not necessarily program issues.
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

JSculley wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 pm There's a System setting:

image.png
That seems to have solved it. Thanks very much for the help. You saved my last remaining bit of sanity.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 pm Recommended pretty much means if you switch this setting issues might arise and you will have to deal with them. And by issues, I mean user issues, not necessarily program issues.
My assumption is that using the document setting is recommended in case you run into a situation where someone has changed the color of a portion of the part and it may blend into your personal settings. The assumption is that, if a portion is hard to see because of blending into the background, that the user wold have changed the background to see it better.

Therefore, it is recommended because 80% of users (a number that is NOT represented by the population of this forum) probably don't know how to change the background color on an as needed basis to fix the problem.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14