New Properties tab for SW2022?

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

New Properties tab for SW2022?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I started using SW2022 this morning (no problems so far, by the way), and noticed this "Properties Summary" tab in the Properties window. I don't remember seeing it before, and it's not there when I opened a Part with SW2021.

Does anyone know if this is new? I checked the "What's New" site, but didn't see anything about it. And what is it good for?

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: New Properties tab for SW2022?

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Interesting...I wonder if it lists all the configuration specific properties by configuration name? That's based on the Configuration Name listed right there. Seems if that's the case it surely is named weirdly.
What happens if you add a few configurations and make some configuration specific properties to them under that tab?
Glenn Schroeder

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:14 pm Interesting...I wonder if it lists all the configuration specific properties by configuration name? That's based on the Configuration Name listed right there. Seems if that's the case it surely is named weirdly.
What happens if you add a few configurations and make some configuration specific properties to them under that tab?
You got me to thinking, which got me to investigating. If you assign a configuration specific property it will open with a list of those properties on the left. Select the property, and then you assign a value for that property for each configuration in that one location instead of needing to do it individually.

Someone deserves brownie points for this one. I like it.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Glenn Schroeder

mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm You got me to thinking, which got me to investigating. If you assign a configuration specific property it will open with a list of those properties on the left. Select the property, and then you assign a value for that property for each configuration in that one location instead of needing to do it individually.

image.png
That's exactly the way I thought it would work...It's more like it should've worked in the first place. It's always annoyed me that you can't see all the config properties at once, and I'd have to use a DT to manage them. This is some low hanging fruit that should've been addressed years ago...Definitely glad they fixed it, but why did it take so long?
I'll definitely look into it when the Dept. moves to Windows 10 in 5 years and I can upgrade SW past 2020...
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm You got me to thinking, which got me to investigating. If you assign a configuration specific property it will open with a list of those properties on the left. Select the property, and then you assign a value for that property for each configuration in that one location instead of needing to do it individually.

image.png
YES!! This is long overdue!

Thanks for discovering and figuring it out. :)
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch