Draft Analysis

3DCADX
Answers: 1

Draft Analysis

Unread post by 3DCADX »

Draft Analysis not working on SW2021 SP3.0

Opening part from the Assembly this issue happens. Open part from explorer it is OK.

Is there any fix for opening parts from assembly and using draft analysis?
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: Draft Analysis

Unread post by zwei »

3DCADX wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:28 am Draft Analysis not working on SW2021 SP3.0

Opening part from the Assembly this issue happens. Open part from explorer it is OK.

Is there any fix for opening parts from assembly and using draft analysis?
Not using 2021 so cant really comment on this... but have you try contacting your VAR?

Could you provide more details?
Opening part from the Assembly this issue happens.

How do you open the part? Right click open?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
bradb
Answers: 0

Unread post by bradb »

Draft analysis won't work on a part that is in an assembly. Open the part in it's own window so that is the only part being analyzed.

I suspect when you open the part from explorer you are opening just the part and that is why it works correctly.
Jim Steinmeyer
Answers: 0

Unread post by Jim Steinmeyer »

I do not do castings or molding so do not use Draft Analysis but, I just activated a part within an assembly and was able to run Draft Analysis and it appeared to work. The key is to make the individual part "active" so you are analyzing that part and not the assembly. Select the part and then select "Edit Part", it will become blue in the model tree so you know you are working on the part.
matt
Answers: 19

Unread post by matt »

Draft Analysis is on the View menu, so it's a visual thing. Some of the settings use the video card, and some actually change face colors. If you use Face Classification, it changes the colors of the faces in the actual model, and uses normal opengl shading.. If you don't use that setting, it uses something like Gourad shading, I think, which doesn't look as natural (faces do not get darker when turned away from viewer).

What is your video card situation?

Also, when you say "doesn't work", do you mean you don't see the interface, or you see the interface but it doesn't do anything? Have you selected a draft direction plane or face?