Does anyone actually use 3DExperience in a productive manner?

Dtief190
Answers: 0

Re: Does anyone actually use 3DExperience? Still waiting.......

Unread post by Dtief190 »

I just looked there... still looks pretty useless. When to preferences to try the new slightly different view mode. All I can select is language.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Couldn't help myself:
image.png
image.png
berg_lauritz
Answers: 6

Unread post by berg_lauritz »

I just was in a little rage and added like 10 requests after their 'great update'.

Just to show them, that they are not done yet!
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

berg_lauritz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 pm I just was in a little rage and added like 10 requests after their 'great update'.

That's like saying "you missed a spot" to someone who is polishing a turd.
mattpeneguy

berg_lauritz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 pm I just was in a little rage and added like 10 requests after their 'great update'.

Yeah, I added this to my post for comparison...:
image.png
And, some of those requests are either impossible or not anything we all want. So...it's really closer to an inverted version of the Swamp one.
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:13 pm Yeah, I added this to my post for comparison...:
image.png

And, some of those requests are either impossible or not anything we all want. So...it's really closer to an inverted version of the Swamp one.
Your chart just makes me think of:
image.png
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

Woke up today and got bombarded by ur notification :lol:
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Ben

Unread post by Ben »

I just joined here because i hate the new "forum" for solidworks.

All I'm doing here is venting.
Why would you make a place where answering questions is not the first priority. contacting your var for help doesn't work most of the time and they find articles that you just google and already read and most of them used to be from the forum. I had a bunch of points over there and i was really happy to have some fake internet points but i liked helping people. I can't stand this crap of making it a live experience and being basically trash facebook. you think people can solve there problems on facebook with minor fights/problems. well lets now make it a place where you spend thousands of dollars to be able to use the program and now try and fix problems. why, why are they not updating us and telling us there working on it. there is no way that they don't see the posts hating the place and how they are not bringing in features that we need. let alone the sights terrible facebook interface, the thing is slow as balls and opening things in new windows doesn't load them. you have to go to that tab and actually sit there and wait for it to load. like who thought that was a good idea. no one is using this place on a phone or tablet. i bet most are on a computer at work. so who cares about some dude with a tablet showing someone else something. who cares. who cares. this is a professional program but on a site that you are meant to talk to your grandma and say happy birthday. AHHHHHHHH i'm so pissed today. i tried helping someone with there code and post my code to them. like are you kidding me that i can't insert it to look like the code or edit the page to look anyway better. f man. i can't believe the guy who thought that place was a good idea didn't get fired. like how many people agreed that they want this place to become the hub of solidworks where you can have live interactions with other solidworks groups but its a pain in the @$$ to just answer peoples questions. who cares. i can't stand to think someone higher up going like "o dam that was a bad idea to make facebook a forum". at my company we spend so much money on a bunch of licenses but it isn't a drop in the water compared to bigger companies. i work in a small place but what about the big companies when someone is trying to design something and needs some actual help. call your var? like omg some of those people are so terrible. every var i have delt with doesn't know everything so its so short sighted to think that they can just help you immediately. so where are you going to get help? coworkers?

ok, w/e i feel i bit better now. sorry this is my first post here. but i'm looking forward to come here in the future.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I must be feeling generous today; maybe because it's Friday. I was over there checking in, which I do once or twice per day to see if there's been a Christmas miracle and it's suddenly all better when I saw a post from someone with a graphics problem. I seriously considered posting a link to https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98, but managed to restrain myself.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:11 pm I must be feeling generous today; maybe because it's Friday. I was over there checking in, which I do once or twice per day to see if there's been a Christmas miracle and it's suddenly all better when I saw a post from someone with a graphics problem. I seriously considered posting a link to https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98, but managed to restrain myself.
Go for it. :lol:

It's a free world; if we have better content here the last thing we need to do is be apologetic about it.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

Ben wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:10 pm I just joined here because i hate the new "forum" for solidworks.
Welcome to the club :P
i tried helping someone with there code and post my code to them. like are you kidding me that i can't insert it to look like the code or edit the page to look anyway better.
Yea i definitely agree on this..
The swymp had literally kill off the api/macro/code topic
Have you seen the migrated post on api? That is a real disaster..
the big companies when someone is trying to design something and needs some actual help. call your var?
Actually this make me wonder...
How many of us here is actually asking help from VAR?
A lot of time it is faster than just ask in the forum (not the SWYMP)...
I never have a good experience with my VAR... tried contact them a few time for some question and got no reply....
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
dave.laban

Unread post by dave.laban »

I always contact my VAR as apart from anything else I can always share the relevant files with them, which isn't necessarily the case with the forum / Swym. However I'm fortunate that I have an excellent VAR that rarely fail to deliver a solution.
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

I have 2.5 VAR's, but never ask them for help. The first two are useless, the half one will do better, when he becomes complete. 😉
mattpeneguy

How long until they make this determination about the platform?
image.png
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:20 am How long until they make this determination about the platform?
image.png
Your question is nonsensical, there are many many users, from all over the world maximizing their productivity with 3DEXPERIENCE. Subscriptions doubled last quarter and quadrupled the quarter before that. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is the only path to the future.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

bnemec wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:38 am Your question is nonsensical, there are many many users, from all over the world maximizing their productivity with 3DEXPERIENCE. Subscriptions doubled last quarter and quadrupled the quarter before that. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is the only path to the future.
How many user that is using 3DE vs how many user that is using Online Licensing?

From what i can see, the Discontinuation of the online licensing seem to have quite a huge impact (I had see people ranting on reddit, 3DSYMP, etc, some even just finish setup Online Licensing recently...), especially on smaller company who cant afford network license

IMO, this is a wrong move , din't they realize the need of flexible licensing with what happen with Covid?

The next thing you know, they will ask them to purchase 3DE SOLIDWORKS. grumph
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

The loss of online licensing will be one more reason for me to switch to a different software package.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 am How many of us here is actually asking help from VAR?
Only contact them to file bug report and fight to get a SPR which usually get a ER.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

My VAR was terrible. Every time I contacted them I felt like it was a waste of time.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
mattpeneguy

SPerman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am My VAR was terrible. Every time I contacted them I felt like it was a waste of time.
Where are you located?
Glenn Schroeder

SPerman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am My VAR was terrible. Every time I contacted them I felt like it was a waste of time.
I've dealt with two VAR's; GoEngineer and MLC Cad. I've been very happy with both, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one.

I've met @Alin and one or two of his co-workers, and from that limited exposure I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Javelin for people in Canada.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:49 am I've dealt with two VAR's; GoEngineer and MLC Cad. I've been very happy with both, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either one.

I've met @Alin and one or two of his co-workers, and from that limited exposure I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Javelin for people in Canada.
I've worked with CATI and Hawkridge and have had exceptional support from both. An absolute joy compared to my experience with my ADesk VAR(s) experience.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:23 am Where are you located?
Lexington, NC
-
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Another thumbs-up for Hawkridge. Annoying salesmen, but excellent technical support.
Glenn Schroeder

Uncle_Hairball wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:10 pm Another thumbs-up for Hawkridge. Annoying salesmen, but excellent technical support.
Sales people can be annoying? Really?

mattpeneguy

SPerman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:44 pmLexington, NC
Looks like MLC isn't in NC, but they're in SC. So I don't know if you could go with them. Looks like Goengineer is out too. Hawkridge is only on the west coast....I know there are other good ones, anyone on the east coast have any ideas?
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

TriMech has NC locations in Cary and Charlotte. I've heard good things about them, but have not experienced anything but blogs and videos from them.
Have you identified which VAR you do not want to continue with?
Good luck!
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I plan to be done with solidworks at the earliest possible moment. (Which could still be a couple of years out.) At this point, a good VAR can't fix what's wrong with solidworks.

If I had to guess, I think we will all be "done" with solidworks within about 5 years. They will either eliminate it intentionally or kill it out of incompetence if they keep on the path they are currently following.
-
mattpeneguy

SPerman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm I plan to be done with solidworks at the earliest possible moment. (Which could still be a couple of years out.) At this point, a good VAR can't fix what's wrong with solidworks.

If I had to guess, I think we will all be "done" with solidworks within about 5 years. They will either eliminate it intentionally or kill it out of incompetence if they keep on the path they are currently following.
The management there remind me of this:
image.png
image.png (167.06 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Solidworks has a locator. https://www.solidworks.com/how-to-buy/f ... s-reseller

Can't vouche for any of the ones around Lexington though.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I was told the current var was picked because the one they had previously was even worse. grumph

If I were planning on renewing my subscription, I would request GoEngineer, even though they are slightly out of my area, and throw an absolute fit, including terrible emails from TPM, until they relented.

But as I've said previously, I have no intention of giving DSS another cent of my money, if it is at all avoidable.
-
mattpeneguy

image.png
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

SWYMP magic

Click on the image
image.png
Open the image in new tab (the image is not even a complete image...)
image.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

image.png
image.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
mattpeneguy

$#!+, look at that @matt was smart enough to have the platform forum auto correct cursing...Platform hasn't even figured that out yet...

Edit to fix...
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:12 pm $#!+, look at that @matt was smart enough to have the platform auto correct cursing...Platform hasn't even figured that out yet...
"Please pardon my fr... ... never mind."
mattpeneguy

bnemec wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm "Please pardon my fr... ... never mind."
Ask @AlexLachance, that is a bad word...
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:03 pm Ask @AlexLachance, that is a bad word...
awe shoot, I'm sorry @AlexLachance no offence intended.
matt

Unread post by matt »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:12 pm $#!+, look at that @matt was smart enough to have the platform forum auto correct cursing...Platform hasn't even figured that out yet...

Edit to fix...
The word censoring tools in this forum are actually a lot of fun. I could ban words like swym, or many others.... ;; Oh, this is too much fun....
mattpeneguy

I like the idea of changing DS, DSS, and Dassault to D$, D$$, and D@$$@#!#. Same thing with Swym, 3dexperience, and more.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

bnemec wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:13 pm awe shoot, I'm sorry @AlexLachance no offence intended.
Sorry boys, was out on vacation and missed out on all the fun :lol:
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

matt wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:54 pm The word censoring tools in this forum are actually a lot of fun. I could ban words like sw*m, or many others.... ;; Oh, this is too much fun....
That's pretty funny, it's retroactive. It changed a couple recent quotes now attributed to:

― Philip K. d***

It even lost the capitalization.
AlexLachance

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 am Welcome to the club :P

Yea i definitely agree on this..
The swymp had literally kill off the api/macro/code topic
Have you seen the migrated post on api? That is a real disaster..

Actually this make me wonder...
How many of us here is actually asking help from VAR?
A lot of time it is faster than just ask in the forum (not the SWYMP)...
I never have a good experience with my VAR... tried contact them a few time for some question and got no reply....
I've contacted my VAR relentlessly in the past to get my point across that the issue was not the user but the program, it did get it across as they came to visit us and get our opinion, but it remained ignored nonetheless.
AlexLachance

SPerman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm I plan to be done with solidworks at the earliest possible moment. (Which could still be a couple of years out.) At this point, a good VAR can't fix what's wrong with solidworks.

If it was up to me, I'd be slowly forcing SolidWorks out the door over here and asking everyone, including me, to learn whatever software we would move towards. The lack of caring on their end is absolutely atrocious.

I got a message from Matthew Hall on the 3DSHYT platform this morning, asking me how come I was becoming less active over there. I thought it was evident enough that the platform sucked balls and that none of the things they add represent what is requested, rather they represent their interpretation of requests.
mattpeneguy

Correction:
image.png
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 am Correction:
image.png
Someone got the message wrong when the upper management said "We want this platform to blow up"
Ben

Unread post by Ben »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 am "We want this platform to blow up"
ha
christian chu

Unread post by christian chu »

it's ashamed that I'm still learning how to use Swym site