Get rid of a leader?

MJuric
Answers: 1

Get rid of a leader?

Unread post by MJuric »

Below is a snip from a dimension. The hole is a C'bore with a thread at the bottom of the C'bore. I'm pretty sure I could do this with an advanced hole but this is off our product line and historically we've done/designed this with a Tapped hole and an Extrude cut.

The "Hole Callout" shows the tap and Qty. The other dim calls the C'bore. I've grouped the two dims together but I would like to get rid of the secondary leader. I did not see an obvious way to do this but does anyone have a better approach or just someway to hide the second leader?
image.png
by zwei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am
Link the dimension 2 (bottom) to dimension 1 (top) and hide the dimension 2?

Sorry dont have access to my SW at the moment so there is no image

Edit:
See link below
https://hawkridgesys.com/blog/link-note ... -dimension
Go to full post
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: Get rid of a leader?

Unread post by zwei »

Link the dimension 2 (bottom) to dimension 1 (top) and hide the dimension 2?

Edit:
See link below
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am Link the dimension 2 (bottom) to dimension 1 (top) and hide the dimension 2?

Edit:
See link below
Hmmm, I'll have to play with that. I was thinking about that as a potential answer but I don't know that I have ever done a note with tolerance. I know I can display the dimension but I'm not sure I can get a note to show a limit dimension that isn't manually entered.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

MJuric wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:51 am Below is a snip from a dimension. The hole is a C'bore with a thread at the bottom of the C'bore. I'm pretty sure I could do this with an advanced hole but this is off our product line and historically we've done/designed this with a Tapped hole and an Extrude cut.

The "Hole Callout" shows the tap and Qty. The other dim calls the C'bore. I've grouped the two dims together but I would like to get rid of the secondary leader. I did not see an obvious way to do this but does anyone have a better approach or just someway to hide the second leader?

image.png
I believe this will accomplish what you want.

1. Add a Note that's linked to the drawing view.

2. With your cursor in the text box, click on the dimension. That will copy the dimension (or hole callout) text and symbols to the Note.

3. Hide the leader on the note.

image.png

4. Hide the dimension or hole callout (in the right-click menu).

5. Position this Note where you want in relation to the primary dimension and Group them.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

MJuric wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 am Hmmm, I'll have to play with that. I was thinking about that as a potential answer but I don't know that I have ever done a note with tolerance. I know I can display the dimension but I'm not sure I can get a note to show a limit dimension that isn't manually entered.
Yes, the tolerance is included in the dimension syntax
When you link a dimension to a note the syntax is something like

Code: Select all

"RD2@Drawing View1"
this syntax pull whatever that is displayed or inputted in the dimension text field as well as the tolerance
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 am I believe this will accomplish what you want.

2. With your cursor in the text box, click on the dimension. That will copy the dimension (or hole callout) text and symbols to the Note.

image.png

5. Position this Note where you want in relation to the primary dimension and Group them.
Ahhh, I was missing that the note directly mimicks the dim so you set the dimension up the way you want it and then put it into the note.

That works.

Thanks
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 am I believe this will accomplish what you want.

image.png

I think instead of hiding the note leader, it will be better to link Dimension 1 and Dimension 2 to the note
After that hide dimension 1 and dimension 2
image.png
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:50 am I think instead of hiding the note leader, it will be better to link Dimension 1 and Dimension 2 to the note
After that hide dimension 1 and dimension 2
image.png
That probably would be simpler. I like simple.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Darn it, I clicked on this thread title thinking it was about the Swamp...
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I thought it was Fred telling us how he got his boss fired.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams