How to undo FeatureWorks features?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
bnemec
Answers: 10

How to undo FeatureWorks features?

Unread post by bnemec »

For imported models that have some features that were made by FeatureWorks and some of the geometry is remaining imported that is not driven by a feature, is it possible to undo the FeatureWorks and just get back to the imported body. There would be just the Imported Feature in the Feature Manager.

The FeatureWorks features and sketches are not good, will be better with just the imported body. Would rather not just reimport because we have where used that will need to be updated. That's not simple because most of those files are in Released state in PDM so I would need to do a no rev change for them. Also everyone is getting very tired of rebuilding SW assemblies multiple times.

Thank you.
by matt » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 pm
Yes, you can get the features back, but you have to have the original import file. Right click on the Imported feature in the tree and select Edit Feature, then browse to the original file. Then you can delete all the FW features.
Go to full post
matt
Answers: 18

Re: How to undo FeatureWorks features?

Unread post by matt »

Yes, you can get the features back, but you have to have the original import file. Right click on the Imported feature in the tree and select Edit Feature, then browse to the original file. Then you can delete all the FW features.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: How to undo FeatureWorks features?

Unread post by bnemec »

matt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 pm Yes, you can get the features back, but you have to have the original import file. Right click on the Imported feature in the tree and select Edit Feature, then browse to the original file. Then you can delete all the FW features.
working this, it would not build after editing the import feature. I closed without saving and set the blue line up just under the imported. Then I tried to edit the imported feature with the model rolled back. That rebuilt then I deleted all of the unwanted features.

updated model and the mates are broken, missing geometry. It does a decent job of fixing them.