SW killing me today

MJuric
Answers: 1

SW killing me today

Unread post by MJuric »

So I did a few notes connecting them to dims and that worked fine. I updated one of the holes and the dimension went wacko. So I went back and tried to fix it....and it's just completely broke.

It will not let me delete the first line of the dim as shown in the attached video. I've deleted all the related dimensions, shut down SW etc. I have not rebooted because if I do I know I will not turn the damn thing back on and I will just go home o[

This makes zero sense to me and I've been running into little stuff like this all day.
Attachments
KILLING ME.mp4
(521.07 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: SW killing me today

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

MJuric wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:46 pm So I did a few notes connecting them to dims and that worked fine. I updated one of the holes and the dimension went wacko. So I went back and tried to fix it....and it's just completely broke.

It will not let me delete the first line of the dim as shown in the attached video. I've deleted all the related dimensions, shut down SW etc. I have not rebooted because if I do I know I will not turn the damn thing back on and I will just go home o[

This makes zero sense to me and I've been running into little stuff like this all day.
What do you expect? Remember these are the people that brought you the swamp...
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:03 pm What do you expect? Remember these are the people that brought you the swamp...
I sent the GD & T issue to my VAR and got a "I see what your experiencing I will have to research it". I really can't complain though my VAR support has been exceptional. I'm sure they will research it....and find that SW is just broke...again.
Bradfordzzz
Answers: 0

Unread post by Bradfordzzz »

You sound surprised. LMAO
You aren't used to it by now?
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Bradfordzzz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:36 am You sound surprised. LMAO
You aren't used to it by now?
Some days are worse than others. You get used to expecting something often. Some days however it seems everything you do just doesn't work right or the way you think it should and you spend most of the day "figuring it out". Usually this happens on days when you are trying to get something done quickly and or you are behind :x

FWIW I figured out the GD&T issue. The boxes perform as one would expect if you place them with no leader and attach them to a dimension rather than the geometry.
Bradfordzzz
Answers: 0

Unread post by Bradfordzzz »

MJuric wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:28 am Some days are worse than others. You get used to expecting something often. Some days however it seems everything you do just doesn't work right or the way you think it should and you spend most of the day "figuring it out". Usually this happens on days when you are trying to get something done quickly and or you are behind :x

FWIW I figured out the GD&T issue. The boxes perform as one would expect if you place them with no leader and attach them to a dimension rather than the geometry.
You are literally describing my day right now. hhhh
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

I had no problem with SW for 2 weeks LOL
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Frederick_Law wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:35 am I had no problem with SW for 2 weeks LOL
I love the fact that by stating this to the world you have just guaranteed yourself of at least a week of SW living hell :D

I once had a co-worker send me his Rx that showed how many times SW had crashed for him in the last week. I made the mistake of gloating and sending him mine which showed I had not crashed more than once or twice all week. With in the hour my SW crashed like three times in a row...I'll never make that mistake again :D
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

MJuric wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:40 am I love the fact that by stating this to the world you have just guaranteed yourself of at least a week of SW living hell :D
You missed the fact that I quit my job 2 weeks ago ;;
Until I find another one .....
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Frederick_Law wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 am You missed the fact that I quit my job 2 weeks ago ;;
Until I find another one .....
Just you wait, SW does not forget. Next week, next year, ten years from now. SW will get you for your insolence.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

MJuric wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:46 pm So I did a few notes connecting them to dims and that worked fine. I updated one of the holes and the dimension went wacko. So I went back and tried to fix it....and it's just completely broke.

This has happened to me before. Generally on holes that are not directly from the hole wizard, but imported through some other process (like pattern, or insert part, etc...).

This pisses me off when it happens. Sometimes it will fix it if I replace the dimension......sometimes I have to fudge it with a note that is linked to a standard dimension instead of a hole callout.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14