how to change sketch plane?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
KSHansen
Answers: 0

how to change sketch plane?

Unread post by KSHansen »

I created a feature, and then decided it should really have been set on a different plane. Can I change it, or do I have to recreate it?

I had a revolved cut on one of the three base planes, but later realized it sometimes needs to be offset from there.
matt
Answers: 18

Re: how to change sketch plane?

Unread post by matt »

You can right click on the sketch and select Edit Sketch Plane.
KSHansen

What... Oh, it's an icon, and it's only when you click in the design tree.

I'd swear I was searching for that for a full five minutes, looking on every menu I could think of. Thank you!
IndianaDave

Unread post by IndianaDave »

KSHansen wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:28 pm What... Oh, it's an icon, and it's only when you click in the design tree.

I'd swear I was searching for that for a full five minutes, looking on every menu I could think of. Thank you!
"A FULL FIVE MINUTES"...
No offence, but I couldn't help but chuckle on that one.
Maybe I'm stubborn, or maybe I'm just old school... but I spend way more time trying to figure things out on my own before asking on the net.
Seems the younger generation has gotten spoiled having the internet right at their fingertips.
I see this on my car and bicycle forums and Facebook groups also.
Just curious how old you are? I'm guessing 20's?
KSHansen

No, I'm an old man. Five minutes is actually a really long time. I finally gave up after taking a break and coming back and not finding any new menus to click. Design tree, tools menu, al the tools menu flyouts, right-click on feature, etc. Even then, I still did the same (what I thought was a) thorough search again.

Actually, my mistake was not asking Google first. That's an old man mistake. After seeing the answer, I thought it seemed pretty easy so I looked on Google - tons of easy answers to an easy question.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

KSHansen wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:28 pm What... Oh, it's an icon, and it's only when you click in the design tree.

That's why I like to add screenshots, even on things that seem obvious to me.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"