Design Table invalid feature name?

Jim Steinmeyer
Answers: 0

Design Table invalid feature name?

Unread post by Jim Steinmeyer »

OK,
I just updated an existing design table and about 1/4 of the features gave me the following error. What would cause this name to be invalid?

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Tom G

Re: Design Table invalid feature name?

Unread post by Tom G »

Have you renamed mates or features so that the DT cannot locate named items?
Jim Steinmeyer

I renamed 2 dimensions. No where near the number of errors it found. But that could be where the issue arises from.
Thank you
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

Jim Steinmeyer wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:18 pm I renamed 2 dimensions. No where near the number of errors it found. But that could be where the issue arises from.
Thank you
Jim, as a rule I name dimensions, features, and mates that will be controlled in a DT. It is MUCH easier to do this before creation of the DT, but I do believe if you rename something after the DT has been created it will properly update. I also only put things into a DT that need to be different from one configuration to the next. Sometimes SWX flags a whole lot more than is necessary to add to the DT, so naming things makes this SO much easier.

I don't know what is going on with your file as we don't have enough information.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Jim Steinmeyer

Thank you Dennis. This is an inherited model where nothing was named. I added/changed a couple of names to clarify what the dimensions were for and This was the issue I had. I was able to just move forward and things worked. It was just more of an annoyance of taking 5 minutes hitting the ok button as it worked through all the errors.