SolidWorks Maker version Questions.

Craig Makarowski
Answers: 0

SolidWorks Maker version Questions.

Unread post by Craig Makarowski »

Anyone tried the Solidworks Maker online product? they charge $99usd for it yearly.
I'm wondering if one can send the model to Unreal Datasmith importer.
I know you can't share the files with regular Solidworks or so they say.
zxys001
Answers: 5

Re: SolidWorks Maker version Questions.

Unread post by zxys001 »

Craig Makarowski wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:11 pm Anyone tried the Solidworks Maker online product? they charge $99usd for it yearly.
I saw the email/advert ... and I'm curious as well. It seems like they get the whole shabang?!
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Craig Makarowski wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:11 pm Anyone tried the Solidworks Maker online product? they charge $99usd for it yearly.
I asked this over at the other forum because I figured everyone here hated Solidworks so much that no one was using it :D

I didn't get a whole lot of response over there either....which one is to expect when content rolls away in 10 posts.

https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... ekzVvUeZwA
Craig Makarowski

So i asked over at SWYM and a fellow helped me test the files from the Maker version with Unreal, the Part and Assembly files do not import with the Unreal DataSmith tool. My guess is the digital water mark that they added to the Maker version of SolidWorks is the reason. But all the neutral file exports from the SolidWorks Maker version import with Unreal DatasSmith just fine. so for all those out there that like SolidWorks at the hobby level this is useable too.
Craig Makarowski

what i have found is that i started with SW2021 maker which was fine and was importing the SLDprt file into Unreal just fine then the Maker version updated to 2022 and now I have to convert to Step files to import into Unreal a little bummed about this that SolidWorks forces oen tothe newest verion I guess this is why they have free beta testers LOL. The Data smith tool in unreal needs to catch up, is it SolidWorks that need to do something?

Other wise Maker versiojn is sure nice for hobby work and seems stable.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

My guess is that it is a "future version" for Unreal until they update to support the 2022 file format.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams