Unit location Cheat Sheet?

MJuric
Answers: 1

Unit location Cheat Sheet?

Unread post by MJuric »

Is there a cheat sheet anywhere that tells you where all the places are that you can effect how many decimal places are seen and where this effected?

I always run into issues in BOM's, Cut lists, Notes etc etc where either the number is rounded or out to 72 decimals places and then spend 20 minutes changing units in various places to try and change it.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Unit location Cheat Sheet?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

As far as I know cut lists, BOM's, and Notes use the precision selected at Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units. I have occasionally had situations where this didn't work, and then I'd have to open the Part file and make sure it had the same settings. As I said, that's only happened occasionally, and all my Parts are set to decimal while my Drawings are set to fractions.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

The lower right corner can edit the document units
image.png
image.png (11.63 KiB) Viewed 423 times
The Dimension propertymanager can over ride the document units
image.png
And here's one that throws me every now and then. The Tools >Measure dialog can over ride dimensions.
image.png
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

matt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 pm The lower right corner can edit the document units
image.png

The Dimension propertymanager can over ride the document units
image.png

And here's one that throws me every now and then. The Tools >Measure dialog can over ride dimensions.

image.png
Oh, yeah NOW I remember. I thought this seemed like a familiar problem and somehow due to the madness of it all I had forgotten.

For some unknown reason there is no direct way to change the number of decimal places for weight....so guess what, it's controlled by the number of decimal places for length....which makes complete sense....if you're solid works.