Watercooler Talk

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
zxys001
Answers: 5

Re: Watercooler Talk

Unread post by zxys001 »

AlexLachance wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:50 am I might be a bit less active, I'm having health issues lately. I passed out and had a seizure at work this week and was brought to the hospital by ambulance and then plugged on oxygen because they were scared I was going to die. Still no idea what's wrong with me, but I'm back to 'normal', I should know within a few months, still passing tests.
Hey Alex,.. sorry to hear and hope you get well soon!.. keep us up to date and keep passing those test!
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
jayar
Answers: 2

Unread post by jayar »

AlexLachance wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:50 am I might be a bit less active, I'm having health issues lately. I passed out and had a seizure at work this week and was brought to the hospital by ambulance and then plugged on oxygen because they were scared I was going to die. Still no idea what's wrong with me, but I'm back to 'normal', I should know within a few months, still passing tests.
Best of luck to you, keep passing those tests!
VicFrauenfeld
Answers: 0

Unread post by VicFrauenfeld »

Get well Alex!
Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

SORRY MATE, I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MESSAGE.
I hope you are better now.
You be fine my mate.
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Not enough beer?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Frederick_Law wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:27 pm Not enough beer?
That's what I figured. Doctor didn't find me funny lol
David Matula

Unread post by David Matula »

That does not sound good. Hope that they find the cause.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:36 pm That's what I figured. Doctor didn't find me funny lol
Howdy Alex. I hope you feel better soon.

That comment about your doctor reminded me of my last yearly checkup. My doctor said my kidney function was surprisingly good for someone my age. I immediately told her that was because of the Budweiser. She didn't miss a beat, but asked if it was the regular red label or Bud Light, so she'd know which to prescribe for her other patients.

I like her.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 am Howdy Alex. I hope you feel better soon.

That comment about your doctor reminded me of my last yearly checkup. My doctor said my kidney function was surprisingly good for someone my age. I immediately told her that was because of the Budweiser. She didn't miss a beat, but asked if it was the regular red label or Bud Light, so she'd know which to prescribe for her other patients.

I like her.
Good doctors are hard to find. See if she'll write a prescription for suds.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Tahhhd

Unread post by Tahhhd »

Hey All,
I had a great conversation with John S. the other night when he took a break from insulating his new walk-in cooler. The pig roasting season is slowing down, and he is using his time to start gearing up and getting ready for next year. He said that they are also working on spices/rubs that will be available for purchase later.
John wanted me to say "Hey!" to all of you, and let you know that he misses hanging out with everyone on a regular basis.
todd
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:16 am SORRY MATE, I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MESSAGE.
I hope you are better now.
You be fine my mate.
Me too!
I don't know how I missed this. @AlexLachance I hope they get this figured out.
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

In case you haven't seen this.......https://christianaidministries.org/upda ... abduction/

It's not looking good, given the current unrest and violence there and the fact that they've been held for five days now. They could really use your prayers at a time like this. (James 5:16) I'm not associated with them, but I know a number of people that are.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 pm Me too!
I don't know how I missed this. @AlexLachance I hope they get this figured out.
I've had a few results come in so far and they've all come in clean so that means I'm still in the abyss when it comes to knowing the cause.
mattpeneguy

Sorry for what you are going through, it's very difficult and frustrating not knowing.
David Matula

if you had to pick two monitors to use with solidworks what would you pick ?
Jaylin Hochstetler

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

David Matula wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:27 pm if you had to pick two monitors to use with solidworks what would you pick ?
I use a 32" curved monitor to run SW (https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/de ... ccessories) and (2) 24" monitors. I really like the setup.
DSCF3368.JPG
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

If you are buying new one, get same. Color might be different with different monitor.
SW don't need 120Hz. So don't pay extra for those.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 25

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Wow!
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
DanPihlaja

We are doing our annual Christmas Journey over last weekend and this coming weekend.
If you are interested and in the area (unlikely) stop by this weekend!

One of the scenes in the Journey:
IMG-3221.jpg
IMG-3219.jpg
The scene I was in:
IMG-3225.jpg
https://newhope.cc/christmasjourney/

A lot of these show portions of it inside. The last 2 years, the entire thing has been outdoors.

-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

dpihlaja wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:28 pm We are doing our annual Christmas Journey over last weekend and this coming weekend.

image.png
I live in Florida now.
What's that white stuff on the ground?
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Jaylin Hochstetler

dpihlaja wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:28 pm We are doing our annual Christmas Journey over last weekend and this coming weekend.

IMG-3221.jpg
IMG-3219.jpg

The scene I was in:
IMG-3225.jpg

https://newhope.cc/christmasjourney/

A lot of these show portions of it inside. The last 2 years, the entire thing has been outdoors.
Nice! Keep spreading "The Reason for the Season!".
David Matula

what a year it is going to be..... one contract to another. anyone out there know how to reoder display states?
DanPihlaja

David Matula wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:31 pm what a year it is going to be..... one contract to another. anyone out there know how to reoder display states?
You can't re-order display states. They aren't history based. You can't even sort them as far as I know (at least as of SW 2018 SP 5)
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

David Matula

WELL found out that the best way to do that was to add display states from existing ones and make sure they are in the right order and then delete the old ones.
AlexLachance

Howdy everyone, just giving in an update to those interested as I haven't been much active the last month or so.

I haven't had any recurring convulsions so that's a good sign but what they told me was that the waves in my brain were unknown waves but because of the seizure it is most likely a sign of epilepsy. It kinda threw me off, so I've been off from work since early november, fighting my anxiety mostly. I'm doing better then I was, but I'm still not quite there yet.

WIth that said, I might not check back on here too much until after christmas or so, so I hope everyone has wonderful holidays and enjoys time with their family and friends.
Jaylin Hochstetler

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am Howdy everyone, just giving in an update to those interested as I haven't been much active the last month or so.

I haven't had any recurring convulsions so that's a good sign but what they told me was that the waves in my brain were unknown waves but because of the seizure it is most likely a sign of epilepsy. It kinda threw me off, so I've been off from work since early november, fighting my anxiety mostly. I'm doing better then I was, but I'm still not quite there yet.

WIth that said, I might not check back on here too much until after christmas or so, so I hope everyone has wonderful holidays and enjoys time with their family and friends.
Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for healing!
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am Howdy everyone, just giving in an update to those interested as I haven't been much active the last month or so.

Alex, it's nice to hear from you, and good to know that you haven't had any reoccurrence of the seizures. Take care of yourself first and foremost, and enjoy the holidays as much as you can with friends and family.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky
AlexLachance

SamSpade wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:03 pm Alex, it's nice to hear from you, and good to know that you haven't had any reoccurrence of the seizures. Take care of yourself first and foremost, and enjoy the holidays as much as you can with friends and family.
Thanks Sam, Jaylin, Dan and everyone else that has or will offer their best wishes, I will most definetly try and do so and be back to my work and also trying to help others with their issues when I can.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks Sam, Jaylin, Dan and everyone else that has or will offer their best wishes, I will most definetly try and do so and be back to my work and also trying to help others with their issues when I can.
Alex, I'll be praying for you and your doctors. I hope they know their stuff! Ask LOTS of questions!
- - -Randy Pausch
mike miller

mike miller wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:54 am In case you haven't seen this.......https://christianaidministries.org/upda ... abduction/

It's not looking good, given the current unrest and violence there and the fact that they've been held for five days now. They could really use your prayers at a time like this. (James 5:16) I'm not associated with them, but I know a number of people that are.
The last ones were just released today! Praise the Lord!

https://christianaidministries.org/high ... abduction/

https://wng.org/sift/breaking-haitian-g ... 1639672714
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:03 pm Alex, I'll be praying for you and your doctors. I hope they know their stuff! Ask LOTS of questions!
@AlexLachance,
I have the same sentiments as @DennisD. The only thing I'll add is do not hesitate to get a second opinion. I have been around long enough to have seen doctors get things completely wrong on multiple occasions.
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:46 pm @AlexLachance,
I have the same sentiments as @DennisD. The only thing I'll add is do not hesitate to get a second opinion. I have been around long enough to have seen doctors get things completely wrong on multiple occasions.
I will not hesitate either, the only sign of epilepsy there is, is that I have had a seizure, but seizures can occur for various reasons, besides epilepsy, so to label me as epileptic and slam me with the meds without even proving that I am epileptic really is something that I'm not too fond with, especially with all the things that comes with being "labeled" epileptic" (insurance raise and what not)

I will see what happens in January when I get me encephalogram test again, and then will see from there, because the doctor told me there is no way I'm going off meds. She says either it works now, or they increase the meds if there are still irregular waves, which they do not know what they are(They are not Theta wave and Theta waves are the general wave seen in epileptic people is what I've been told)

Thanks for all the kind words again
mike miller

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:03 pm I will not hesitate either, the only sign of epilepsy there is, is that I have had a seizure, but seizures can occur for various reasons, besides epilepsy, so to label me as epileptic and slam me with the meds without even proving that I am epileptic really is something that I'm not too fond with, especially with all the things that comes with being "labeled" epileptic" (insurance raise and what not)

I will see what happens in January when I get me encephalogram test again, and then will see from there, because the doctor told me there is no way I'm going off meds. She says either it works now, or they increase the meds if there are still irregular waves, which they do not know what they are(They are not Theta wave and Theta waves are the general wave seen in epileptic people is what I've been told)

Thanks for all the kind words again
I'm praying for you as well. Did you have only one or were there several?
AlexLachance

mike miller wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:20 pm I'm praying for you as well. Did you have only one or were there several?
There was only one seizure and the day it happened, I got up feeling awfully bad, I had trouble putting on my socks, had to sit down to do it. Got to work, told everyone about it and when the morning break came I had the outside seizure when someone put his hand on my shoulder to speak with me.

I've had to deal with a lot through the last 2 years of my personal life, including seeing my brother lose everything, from his house to his dream job that I had somewhat helped him land, because of drugs. I'm certainly getting back up though and try to take it a day at a time rather then look too far ahead and stress over things that might not even happen.
Glenn Schroeder

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:29 pm . . . I've had to deal with a lot through the last 2 years of my personal life, including seeing my brother lose everything, from his house to his dream job that I had somewhat helped him land, because of drugs. I'm certainly getting back up though and try to take it a day at a time rather then look too far ahead and stress over things that might not even happen.
Howdy Alex,

I'm sorry you're going through this, and hope that it doesn't happen again. I'm not a doctor, but stress can cause some odd things to happen, and it sounds like you've got plenty of it. Maybe that's causing the problem, or at least contributing to it?

Glenn
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:29 pm I'm certainly getting back up though and try to take it a day at a time rather then look too far ahead and stress over things that might not even happen.
Wonderful to hear you're on a good path ><
Cheers, Alex! UU
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
David Matula

Hay guys it is time for the holidays. Hope everyone has a great time. It is good to be working, and to be able to take some time off to visit family
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

David Matula wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:54 am Hay guys it is time for the holidays. Hope everyone has a great time. It is good to be working, and to be able to take some time off to visit family

Merry Christmas you guys! UU
DanPihlaja

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!
2021 Christmas.jpg
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

AlexLachance

dpihlaja wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:15 am Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

2021 Christmas.jpg
Looks like you had a top-down one :P
DanPihlaja

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:56 pm Looks like you had a top-down one :P
LOL, if you click on the picture, it shows up right side up. Not sure why the preview is topsy-turvy. LOL
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

AlexLachance

True! haha, that's weird. Beautiful family there friend
David Matula

another year has just passed. It was great to get away for a few days and get to see my mom. She always has something for me to do. Hope this year turn out better than the last few.
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

Blue Blue Electric Blue! - the ice cream sandwich

To help kick off the 2022 Philly Loves Bowie Week festivities, Weckerly’s Ice Cream will bring back their BLUE BLUE ELECTRIC BLUE ice cream sandwich that they launched in January 2020! Pea Flower Blue Sweet Cream Ice Cream with a Ziggy Stardust cocoa cookie crumble. A layer of Life on MARShmallow, topped with a Thin White sugar cookie, complete with a lightning bolt of red berry jam, and finished with a Black Star cocoa cookie. It’s outta sight! It will be available starting Friday January 7th at both their Fishtown and West Philly scoop shops and 20% of each sold will be donated to the Bowie Fund to benefit the Cancer Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia! (It sold out within hours back in 2020, so they will have them until they don’t!)
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Freaking Fantastic! Congrats!
AlexLachance

Good morning everyone, I am officially back in office this morning with a progressive return for the next 2 weeks and then will be back full time. I still do not know 'what's wrong with me', but I'm feeling much better. My anxiety and stress has gone down and everything seems to be coming back together.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:18 am Good morning everyone, I am officially back in office this morning with a progressive return for the next 2 weeks and then will be back full time. I still do not know 'what's wrong with me', but I'm feeling much better. My anxiety and stress has gone down and everything seems to be coming back together.
Thank you for the update Alex, good to hear you're on the path back to normal. Prolonged stress and anxiety can cause all kinds of troubles to the body.
Glenn Schroeder

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:18 am Good morning everyone, I am officially back in office this morning with a progressive return for the next 2 weeks and then will be back full time. I still do not know 'what's wrong with me', but I'm feeling much better. My anxiety and stress has gone down and everything seems to be coming back together.
I'm glad you're doing better.

zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Ya know, it was probably, 'male menopause' UU

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/male-menopause/
Glenn Schroeder