How to fix instance count format for PEM holes

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Dwight
Answers: 2

How to fix instance count format for PEM holes

Unread post by Dwight »

All

As you can see in the image below, when using the "Hole Callout" function in a drawing view, I get a different format for the instance count if it's a PEM hole or an ANSI hole. My ANSI holes have the correct ASME Y14.5 instance count of "3X" but the PEM hole shows "2 x". Both are being handled correctly by the calloutformat.txt file, but the instance count format (which is not handled by calloutformat.txt) comes in differently.

Note that the problem has nothing to do with the tolerance callout I added to calloutformat.txt. I can delete that and still have the problem.

Anyone have a clue for me?

Thanks

Dwight
image.png
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: How to fix instance count format for PEM holes

Unread post by zwei »

Maybe this is something related to your drawing template? Have you try on the other template?

Mine is showing correctly (SOLIDWORKS 2020)
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
KevinC
Answers: 1

Re: How to fix instance count format for PEM holes

Unread post by KevinC »

Hello,

I can't replicate your issue (SW2019), but perhaps it has something to do with "Count delimiter" in doc properties.
If this is set to "Use hole standard" then perhaps the two hole types are different.
Just a guess.
image.png