Group (or exclude) quantity items from hole table

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Lapuo
Answers: 0

Group (or exclude) quantity items from hole table

Unread post by Lapuo »

Is this hole table limit?
For example if it recognises Ø10 - 20x , and it is tagged with "A" , can i separate that quantity ?

I know i can combine tags , and than i will have all tags separately (A1,A2, A3...A20)
But , i would be so happy if i can separate quantity in two groups(for example) A1 (13x) and A2(7x)
I need this because i have 13 holes with same tolerance , and 7 holes with another one and i dont wanna table which will cover half of drawing sheet :D (20x holes is just an example , i have much larger amount)

For me it will work , if i can exclude some items(without tolerance) , than i will just dimension them regularly.

Oh yeah , and i use face - to recognize holes , again i know that i can select only holes which i need one by one. I Think i am asking too much :D
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Group (or exclude) quantity items from hole table

Unread post by MJuric »

Not sure if this will work or not but what about making some characteristic of the different groups minorly different so that they are recognized as different holes? So all of group one are holes that are .5000000" diameter while group two is .49999999 diameter or something like that. A change small enough that SW will recognizze it as a different hole but rounded off dims etc are the same.

For what it's worth I got this idea from working with CAMWorks. It recognized a pattern of holes, all of which were exactly the same as multiple groups to process differently. Turns out the "Difference" was that the holes were breaking thru the back side on a tapered surface. So holes that didn't break thru where in one group. Each row up broke thru at a different depth so each one of those rows was a different group until the hole was entirely thru and those were a different group as well. Kind of blew my mind till I realized what was going on.
Lapuo

Unread post by Lapuo »

This is my workflow currently . It does the job , but i wanted to make it even more easier.
Thanks for explaining it ,i am familiar with cam softwares (not so much camworks) and i see where you get the idea
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Add a tolerance in the hole wizard feature. Then in the table with the "Combine Same Tags" option, you get:
Jason
Lapuo

Unread post by Lapuo »

jcapriotti wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 am Add a tolerance in the hole wizard feature. Then in the table with the "Combine Same Tags" option, you get:
WOOOOW i would never thought of this!
Great, thank you!!!