Disable "Button on default CommandManager tabs has changed in this new version" msg

zwei
Answers: 18

Disable "Button on default CommandManager tabs has changed in this new version" msg

Unread post by zwei »

Is there anyway to set this msg to "Dont ask again"?
Use copy setting wizard to transfer my shortcuts, macros and customization from SW2019 to SW2020 and this keep poping out everytime SW2020 is launched o[
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Disable "Button on default CommandManager tabs has changed in this new version" msg

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I had the same problem a year or two ago. It continued until I updated to the next version.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: Disable "Button on default CommandManager tabs has changed in this new version" msg

Unread post by JSculley »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:33 am Is there anyway to set this msg to "Dont ask again"?
Use copy setting wizard to transfer my shortcuts, macros and customization from SW2019 to SW2020 and this keep poping out everytime SW2020 is launched o[
image.png
From the Knowledge Base:
=====================
S-057905

Question: Why does the error message, ‘The definition of the buttons on the default CommandManager tabs has changed in this new version' display and cannot be dismissed when starting SOLIDWORKS® 2022?

Answer: The CommandManager has changed in SOLIDWORKS® 2022 and the user settings needs to be updated to prevent this dialog from showing up again. Follow these steps:

1. Launch SOLIDWORKS.
2. Go to Tools, add-ins and unload any add-ins that are selected (this can cause the "close Solidworks" issue)
3. Click ok
3a. Open a part, drawing or assembly. Be sure the CommandManager is turned on, and then close SolidWorks
4. Restart SolidWorks
5. If the same message box appears again, dismiss it and repeat steps 3 and 4.

If the problem keeps happening contact your Solidworks reseller for further investigation.
================================