Default display state names on part vs. assembly

martin
Answers: 0

Default display state names on part vs. assembly

Unread post by martin »

Anyone know the rationale for why the default display state is named differently in part and assembly templates?

PRTDOT: <Default>_Display State 1
ASMDOT: Display State-1

I tend to rename the display state in my part templates to Display State-1 to match the assembly template and avoid confusing it with the configuration name.

They are both recognized as "the first display state", seeing as the next created display state will be called Display State-2.

And if you rename the display state to Display State-2 you will get Display State-3 for the next one. But if you rename <Default>_Display State 1 to <Default>_Display State 2 you get Display State-1. Logic.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Re: Default display state names on part vs. assembly

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

You're expecting that kind of consistency from Solidworks? May I ask how long you've been using the software?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
martin
Answers: 0

Unread post by martin »

Touché, it's just one of those things that have annoyed me for a while. If it is not intended I would imagine some dev would notice it at some point, but I will lower my expectations.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

martin wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:17 am Touché, it's just one of those things that have annoyed me for a while. If it is not intended I would imagine some dev would notice it at some point, but I will lower my expectations.
That's the secret to a happy life with SW.

If you want to add it to the list, visit https://my.solidworks.com/reader/solidw ... idworks-ui
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

I dislike either so in our templates I renamed them to "ALL". That way we have one Display State that shows everything, then we can create new ones as needed. Most of the time we only have one. It also looks better in the assembly tree.
Jason
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

jcapriotti wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm I dislike either so in our templates I renamed them to "ALL".
I'll be stealing that idea. Thanks.