Why Solidworks fails to sketch pattern these features?

Tera
Answers: 2

Why Solidworks fails to sketch pattern these features?

Unread post by Tera »

I'm trying to sketch pattern the selected features in a very simple sheet metal part.
Unfortunately SW denies to finish the job.
The seed for sketch pattern is A sketch above selected features.
It seems that BrPattern is causing this problem. If I exclude BrPattern Everything's OK.

I think I have done this before, but I don't know why SW gives me error for this part.
2022-04-13_15-33-12.png
2022-04-13_15-33-12.png (32.6 KiB) Viewed 972 times
Any kind of insight is much appreciated.
A sample file is attached.
Attachments
test.SLDASM
(461.51 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
by jcapriotti » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:14 pm
The problem is your reference sketches for the patterns, you have a sketch point at the original hole location, only the instance locations need sketch points.

I deleted the points, which wasn't easy as you had dimensions and relations to them that had to be reconnected.
image.png
test.SLDASM
Go to full post
Lapuo
Answers: 0

Re: Why Solidworks fails to sketch pattern these features?

Unread post by Lapuo »

It is future version for me , so i cant open it , but you need to be careful with sketch patterning library features.
I cant pattern library feature and sketch pattern at same time , BUT if i pattern library feature first and SW accepts it. than i can go back to edit that feature and add sketch pattern , and than it pattern them both.

Maybe few more questions , why dont u use one sketch pattern for everything? Sorry , i cant see file , but i dont understand why you have multiple pattern features.
One more point , i dont think you should include "Br SK" in your pattern.

I am sorry , my english is not so good , so maybe i completely misunderstood you .
I hope that my answer will get you some help.
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

Lapuo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:32 am It is future version for me , so i cant open it , but you need to be careful with sketch patterning library features.
I cant pattern library feature and sketch pattern at same time , BUT if i pattern library feature first and SW accepts it. than i can go back to edit that feature and add sketch pattern , and than it pattern them both.

Maybe few more questions , why dont u use one sketch pattern for everything? Sorry , i cant see file , but i dont understand why you have multiple pattern features.
One more point , i dont think you should include "Br SK" in your pattern.

I am sorry , my english is not so good , so maybe i completely misunderstood you .
I hope that my answer will get you some help.
Don't worry Your English is much better than mine.
In case of my problem maybe the following image can show you what I'm trying to do.

I have two Ø16.0 holes and one library feature (bR_M4). The library feature is sketch patterned (Red ellipse).
Now I'm trying to sketch pattern the Ø16.0 holes and both library feature with the green ellipse (A Sketch).
-
22.png
-
Thanks for trying to help and looking into this
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

The problem is your reference sketches for the patterns, you have a sketch point at the original hole location, only the instance locations need sketch points.

I deleted the points, which wasn't easy as you had dimensions and relations to them that had to be reconnected.
image.png
test.SLDASM
(544.29 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Jason
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

Million thanks.