How do I change the Hide/Show defaults?

Mike Gera
Answers: 0

How do I change the Hide/Show defaults?

Unread post by Mike Gera »

I would like to change the Show/Hide defaults (example shown below). Currently, I have to uncheck a lot of them in every file I open.

How is this done?

Thanks.

by JuTu » Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 am
You will need to make new document templates to set default settings.

i.e. open new part from template, change settings, set units, visibilities etc. and then Save As... that part document as .prtdot file type. You can do (or need to do) the same thing for your assembly document which would use .asmdot as file type. And propably for drawings too... Save the files in the folder from where you want to use your document templates.

And also, I think it would be good to change the Default Templates option in System Options > Default Templates to use these newly established templates.

If you use SolidWorks in company environment, you can set a shared network drive as place to store these templates and point to that file location.
Go to full post
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
JuTu
Answers: 1

Re: How do I change the Hide/Show defaults?

Unread post by JuTu »

You will need to make new document templates to set default settings.

i.e. open new part from template, change settings, set units, visibilities etc. and then Save As... that part document as .prtdot file type. You can do (or need to do) the same thing for your assembly document which would use .asmdot as file type. And propably for drawings too... Save the files in the folder from where you want to use your document templates.

And also, I think it would be good to change the Default Templates option in System Options > Default Templates to use these newly established templates.

If you use SolidWorks in company environment, you can set a shared network drive as place to store these templates and point to that file location.
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 1

Unread post by the_h4mmer »

JuTu wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 am You will need to make new document templates to set default settings.

this_is_the_way.jpg
this_is_the_way.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Mike Gera
Answers: 0

Unread post by Mike Gera »

JuTu wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 am You will need to make new document templates to set default settings.

Got it.

Done.

Thanks!
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11