Render problem

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
temo
Answers: 0

Render problem

Unread post by temo »

Hello

So I've been trying to render the image below, but when I render a section view my flooring just show up blank. I've tried applying the appenance to both the body and the face, neither work. I's a multibody part in an assembly, and it doesn't seem to matter if I just render the part or the assembly, as long as it in section view.

When I render in standard view all works fine, so what am I doing wrong?

Terje
Mediawall livingroom.JPG
temo

Re: Render problem

Unread post by temo »

Update: I've kind of solved it with applying material instead of appearance, but it gave me a new problem, I can't seem to get rid of the reflection from the floor onto the wall, any tips on this?
Mediawall livingroom_cut.JPG
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

You examine? maybe it can give you an idea.

https://help.solidworks.com/2017/englis ... t=P&value=
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
Hoz

Unread post by Hoz »

You probably want to reduce the 'reflectivity' values on the materials you don't want to be reflective. Edit Appearance > Illumination > Reflection amount if you're using PV360.
temo

Unread post by temo »

Thanks, but I didn't know the paint I've applied on the wall around the TV would take the reflections from the floor, do you mean that if I make the floor material less reflective it won't reflect onto the walls? Thanks, I'll look into that help file.

Terje
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

temo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:29 pm Thanks, but I didn't know the paint I've applied on the wall around the TV would take the reflections from the floor, do you mean that if I make the floor material less reflective it won't reflect onto the walls? Thanks, I'll look into that help file.
Not the floor appearance. It's the home theater panel that is reflecting, showing the floor grain. Reduce the reflectivity of that.

Dwight
temo

Unread post by temo »

Oh thanks, that make sense
Arthur NY
Answers: 1

Unread post by Arthur NY »

Some recommendations about your textures..... the mapping size of the textures is too large and needs to be reduced so that it looks closer to the correct scale that the model is which, in the end, make it feel more realistic.
temo

Unread post by temo »

Thanks, good point, I'm all new to rendering