Hole Callout -

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Hole Callout -

Unread post by SPerman »

If I pick the middle option for a threaded hole, the callout on the print appears correct for a thru hole.
image.png
image.png (7.1 KiB) Viewed 436 times
image.png
I can't stand the little rings that option create, that show through solid bodies. So I prefer the option on the left. Unfortunately, the callout isn't correct if that is selected.
image.png
image.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 436 times
image.png

I assume this is just a bug, but you guys surprise me all of the time. Maybe there is something else I should do to make this work? (2020 SP5)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: Hole Callout -

Unread post by bnemec »

Will clearing this check box allow you to use the middle selection for the hole feature? I'm assuming you can tolerate the extra rings (hidden edges of threads) in the model as long as they're not on the drawing?
image.png
Edit: It looks like the callout leader on drawing is still attached to where the hidden edge of the threads would be, even though it's not shown. Every workaround has its side effects.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: Hole Callout -

Unread post by SPerman »

I guess a combination of that along with turning off annotations in my models would work. I am not sure what standard says that cosmetic threads should be seen on the opposite side of a part with a blind hole. (But I do not study drafting standards. Maybe there is one.)
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams