Thoughts / Opinions of TriMech?

dave.laban
Answers: 4

Thoughts / Opinions of TriMech?

Unread post by dave.laban »

Just wondering what the general opinion of TriMech as a VAR is - they've just acquired my current VAR (SolidSolutions). Lot's of talk in the announcement email about carrying on as-is but that generally only lasts for so long in these situations, just wondering if this is likely to be generally positive or not?
Alin
Answers: 3

Re: Thoughts / Opinions of TriMech?

Unread post by Alin »

dave.laban wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:11 am Just wondering what the general opinion of TriMech as a VAR is - they've just acquired my current VAR (SolidSolutions). Lot's of talk in the announcement email about carrying on as-is but that generally only lasts for so long in these situations, just wondering if this is likely to be generally positive or not?
I started my work as an AE with Javelin Technologies in Canada. Like SolidSolutions, two years ago we were acquired by TriMech, soon to change our name to TriMech.

So far, only positives for our clients - get access to 13 hours of tech support daily (soon to be expanded to 19 hours, considering the time zones covered by UK and Canada), hundreds of technicians that are subject matter experts in specific fields (for example mine is Large Assemblies and Drawings + working with complex shapes (Surfacing, Advanced Part Modeling)), a ton of complimentary free consulting and training events (Customer Care Visits for all subscription clients) and more.

I know SolidSolutions well, after all our web designer was loaned to them for a while to update their website to the Javelin standards. :) We will work well together.
dave.laban

Unread post by dave.laban »

Sounds very positive indeed. I almost look forward to needing to make a support call in the night now!
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

We've had Trimech for many years. Recently, when I contacted Technical Support, the connection procedure had changed. It seemed they had switched things to Javelin's system. Trimech pretty much always picked up right away, but this time I was in a long queue. On the other hand, the assistance was excellent.

Dwight
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Alin wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:14 am I started my work as an AE with Javelin Technologies in Canada. Like SolidSolutions, two years ago we were acquired by TriMech, soon to change our name to TriMech.

So far, only positives for our clients - get access to 13 hours of tech support daily (soon to be expanded to 19 hours, considering the time zones covered by UK and Canada), hundreds of technicians that are subject matter experts in specific fields (for example mine is Large Assemblies and Drawings + working with complex shapes (Surfacing, Advanced Part Modeling)), a ton of complimentary free consulting and training events (Customer Care Visits for all subscription clients) and more.

I know SolidSolutions well, after all our web designer was loaned to them for a while to update their website to the Javelin standards. :) We will work well together.
How long have you been working for Javelin? Do they cover the province of Quebec, if we were ever to desire switching VAR's..? I think I've asked you before so my apologies if I did and forgot.
Alin
Answers: 3

Unread post by Alin »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:55 am How long have you been working for Javelin? Do they cover the province of Quebec, if we were ever to desire switching VAR's..? I think I've asked you before so my apologies if I did and forgot.
I joined Javelin in May 2009. Prior to that I had been their client for 7 years.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Another positive vote for Trimech.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bentlybobcat
Answers: 0

Unread post by bentlybobcat »

As a single, personal user of SolidWorks, my experience with them when I moved into their geographic area, was less than optimal.

I started getting deluged with e-mail and phone calls from them without them explaining why they were reaching out. I had no idea that I had been transferred to them.

In any event, we got through the first phase and it came time for a Subscription renewal. They sent an invoice, and I paid it as I've always done.

Then about a month later I got an invoice for the sales tax on the subscription.

Um, what?

After a couple of terse discussions, they "waived" the invoice.

I've been in the SolidWorks world since '95, and made some phone calls and got reassigned to my previous VAR.
Bent
Tahhhd

Unread post by Tahhhd »

VARs acquiring other VARs has been the trend for a number of years now.
After I left my job as an AE in 2010, the VAR that I worked for was purchased TWICE.
We are now part of the GoEngineer network - I've known a lot of the people on their team for a very long time, so it has been good.

The "funny" part is that there are new people contacting me that don't know me as well as the team at the local office.
The best example of this came from exploring their website, and then being contacted with an email stating "I see you have interest in SolidWorks, but I don't see that you are currently using it, would you like to find out more?"
The email address that I used on their website is the same one that I use for the SolidWorks customer support portal (Siebel)
It identifies me as the SolidWorks Admin for the 11 seats at our company.

I responded by sending them this picture -
image.png
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Tahhhd wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:33 am I responded by sending them this picture -
image.png
Wait....I want Jon Hirschtick to sign my copy of the 98plus CD.
Jason
Tahhhd

Unread post by Tahhhd »

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:43 pm Wait....I want Jon Hirschtick to sign my copy of the 98plus CD.
Doing a presentation with him makes it a little easier to get things signed . . .
image.png
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Tahhhd wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:33 am VARs acquiring other VARs has been the trend for a number of years now.
After I left my job as an AE in 2010, the VAR that I worked for was purchased TWICE.
We are now part of the GoEngineer network - I've known a lot of the people on their team for a very long time, so it has been good.

The "funny" part is that there are new people contacting me that don't know me as well as the team at the local office.
The best example of this came from exploring their website, and then being contacted with an email stating "I see you have interest in SolidWorks, but I don't see that you are currently using it, would you like to find out more?"
The email address that I used on their website is the same one that I use for the SolidWorks customer support portal (Siebel)
It identifies me as the SolidWorks Admin for the 11 seats at our company.

I responded by sending them this picture -
image.png
Jeebus Todd! Where have you been! Glad to see you around buddy, that story made me laugh out loud :lol:
Tahhhd

Unread post by Tahhhd »

AlexLachance wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:34 am Jeebus Todd! Where have you been! Glad to see you around buddy, that story made me laugh out loud :lol:
I'll jump over to the Kitty Dump for an update . . .
todd
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Tahhhd wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:03 am Doing a presentation with him makes it a little easier to get things signed . . .
image.png
What? No Sweeney signature?
Attachments
sweeney-todd-johnny-depp.gif
sweeney-todd-johnny-depp.gif (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1504 times
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Tahhhd

Unread post by Tahhhd »

I would probably use this one . . .
image.png
Bonus points to the select few that recognize the reference!
todd
m2shell

Unread post by m2shell »

Single user SW, TriMech has been fine. Always helpful with solving problems, and never had any issues with the accounting department, even when I've been late to renew my SW subscription.