SW Version of Autodesk Viewer?

mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

SW Version of Autodesk Viewer?

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

I just was sent a link to an assembly in Autodesk Viewer today. I was curious if SW has anything similar?
The tools in the viewer are pretty intuitive and you can easily hide things and take measurements and such right from the browser and the assembly is in Autodesk's cloud. No login required. I'm pretty impressed with how clean and functional it is. Here's a screenshot:
image.png
Arthur NY
Answers: 0

Re: SW Version of Autodesk Viewer?

Unread post by Arthur NY »

There are two Solidworks specific options..... the good ole eDrawings viewer which in something to install on the local computer. The other is the leveraging the quite awful 3D Experience Platform.

As an alternative there's also OnShape, upload the file to your account and can share the file from there and 100% cloud based. The only thing about the free version is that the files are public.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

There's a discussion of options here. Nothing that is a SW product like autodesk provides, but some interesting solutions.

https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php? ... wer#p19679
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

It looks like you're speaking specifically of some web-based viewer. So yeah, they have The 33&1/3DX PLATFORM (did I get the capitalization correct?)
Although not part of Solidworks itself, I believe Web2 in PDM Pro has web-based 3D viewing. We have not set it up, but I believe Web2 would be exposed to the www on your own server or some remote IaaS.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

About the closest thing to this is to host eDrawings HTML files somewhere like Azure or Amazon AMS. I hosted this one on Google. No markup though.....guess there is no where to save it.

https://storage.googleapis.com/edrawing ... Tenon.html
image.png
Jason