Title block table not updating

josh
Answers: 11

Title block table not updating

Unread post by josh »

Hey folks, we're trying to get into the whole MBD scene here. One thing we're trying is inserting a Title Block Table (Insert->Tables->Title block table) into the Notes Area of parts (not drawings). I've created a title block table that links to the custom properties of the part. The link works fine, except it doesn't update if the properties change!

I'm running 2022sp4. I'm hoping that I'm missing some "auto update" setting somewhere, or some easy way to trigger the update. Right now, the only way I can get the values to update is to double-click on one of the linked cells and then click away. That triggers them all to update. A Ctrl-Q doesn't do it, close and reopen doesn't do it.

Is this the same for everyone?
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Re: Title block table not updating

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

You have probably already tried this, but here it is...

Have you tried CTRL Q to run a rebuild?
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
josh

Unread post by josh »

Thanks, but...
image.png
image.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
Does nobody else use these things? I'm not necessarily looking for a diagnosis yet. Even a "They work just fine for me" would be a start. Or, if they don't update for anyone else, it's SR time.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

josh wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:49 pm Thanks, but...

image.png

Does nobody else use these things? I'm not necessarily looking for a diagnosis yet. Even a "They work just fine for me" would be a start. Or, if they don't update for anyone else, it's SR time.
I just did a quick test with SW2022 SP2 and it works as expected. As soon as I click OK in the custom properties dialog, the table updates. How are you editing the custom property?
josh

Unread post by josh »

Thanks for checking it... I tried both with a macro that we usually use and through the custom properties dialog. Either way the table never updated until I double-clicked the cell. I wonder... How did you add the links? Did you use the Equation button and pick properties from the dropdown, or did you paste in a regular text link just like you would put in a note?
josh

Unread post by josh »

OK, that was the ticket... Thanks for the push to revisit.

My issue was using the Equation button to pick the value, although I still don't understand why it doesn't update properly when you do so. I would think either way should be correct every time.

Anyway, when you first select a cell, the popup toolbar doesn't contain the "Link to property" button, but it does contain the Equation button.
image.png
So I clicked the button and picked a custom property from the dropdown:
image.png
This didn't update for me. However, when I double-click in the cell to start editing the text, the popup toolbar changes and I can link to property (or just type in the link text):
image.png
This works as expected.

Thanks folks!
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

josh wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:49 pm Thanks, but...

image.png

Oops... I missed that. LOL :oops:

UU
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

josh wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:55 pm . . , although I still don't understand why it doesn't update properly when you do so. I would think either way should be correct every time.
Howdy Josh,

I think I found the problem. You expected a workflow that makes sense and/or is logical.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"