SW 2022 SP4 EV - first thoughts

bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: SW 2022 SP4 EV - first thoughts

Unread post by bnemec »

SPerman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:26 am This is a strange issue, but it only started after I upgraded to 2022. Some of my assemblies now open as "Shaded." These assemblies are released in PDM, so I know I didn't somehow change them. I ONLY uses "Shaded with edges", so this isn't something I would have ever changed.

edit: I guess this could have happened when I updated all of the files to 2022. I used #task to do this.
I get that in 2019 sp4, it seems random. Sometimes washed out light gray parts on a white background in shaded [without edges] is frustrating enough for me to look up "who did this!?!" and I look in file history and who checked it in last. They swear they didn't save it that way. I thought we had it figured down to the "larger" assemblies opening the components in lightweight. I changed my settings, bumped up the limits; I still see assemblies load up in shaded [without edges] even when all the components are resolved. There's just not enough time to trace down all the strange behaviors/bugs/enhancements in SW. Like trying to sweep a dirt floor, just get the big stuff and move on.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: SW 2022 SP4 EV - first thoughts

Unread post by jcapriotti »

SPerman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:26 am This is a strange issue, but it only started after I upgraded to 2022. Some of my assemblies now open as "Shaded." These assemblies are released in PDM, so I know I didn't somehow change them. I ONLY uses "Shaded with edges", so this isn't something I would have ever changed.

edit: I guess this could have happened when I updated all of the files to 2022. I used #task to do this.
I've seen some batch programs turn off certain features to speed up the batch updates. We do this to some system features when running model configurations for orders. Shaded though is file specific instead of system, not sure why in that case.
Jason