SWYMP Status

JSculley
Answers: 54

SWYMP Status

Unread post by JSculley »

Is the SWYMP down this weekend or have I managed to lock myself out somehow? After entering my password, I'm greeted with this helpful message on a blank page:

{"success":false,"errorId":"frontal_1.1676140165862","errorMessage":"Internal Error"}
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: SWYMP Status

Unread post by SPerman »

I am able to login.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Hansjoerg
Answers: 3

Unread post by Hansjoerg »

JSculley wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:31 pm {"success":false,"errorId":"frontal_1.1676140165862","errorMessage":"Internal Error"}
for me too
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
JSculley
Answers: 54

Unread post by JSculley »

Back to normal this morning.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

JSculley wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:31 pm Is the SWYMP down this weekend or have I managed to lock myself out somehow? After entering my password, I'm greeted with this helpful message on a blank page:

{"success":false,"errorId":"frontal_1.1676140165862","errorMessage":"Internal Error"}
There was an update from friday to saturday for the 3dExperience Platform, most likely the culprit.
image.png
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

So there are service packs for the swamp?
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance

SPerman wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:11 am So there are service packs for the swamp?
Not really sure what it is. Maybe @Ryan-3DS could explain further.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

SPerman wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:11 am So there are service packs for the swamp?
I'm sure all the issues are fixed now and the forum portion works just as good as dedicated forum platforms.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

SP = Swamp Pack?
Jason
Tera
Answers: 2

Unread post by Tera »

JSculley wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:31 pm Is the SWYMP down
Several questions for all. I've always wanted to ask, but I hadn't the chance to. Sorry for hijacking the thread?
1- How do you pronounce SWYMP?
2- What it stands for? SW is possibly SolidWorks. What about WMP?
3- Why the pages loaded so slow? Or is it only me? The poor performance of their site was the main reason I stopped visiting them. For me CadForum is more than enough.

Thanks.
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

Tera wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:25 pm Several questions for all. I've always wanted to ask, but I hadn't the chance to. Sorry for hijacking the thread?
"swim" with a P on the end.
"See What You Mean". The P has been added by users here to make it closer to the word "swamp" to describe the general sluggish performance and how all the content sinks to the bottom.
3- Why the pages loaded so slow? Or is it only me? The poor performance of their site was the main reason I stopped visiting them. For me CadForum is more than enough.

Thanks.
Yeah it's just slow in general.
josh
Answers: 11

Unread post by josh »

I knew this was gonna be spam when I started reading about how "great" the swamp was...
image.png
jcapriotti

Tera wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:25 pm Several questions for all. I've always wanted to ask, but I hadn't the chance to. Sorry for hijacking the thread?

Thanks.
To add a little to what @dave.laban already explained. Dassault calls their community platform 3D SWYM. Which means See What You Mean. Not sure what it's supposed to mean, sounds like a goofy marketing thing.
image.png
Since the site is horribly slow, sluggish, and hard to navigate, we added a "P" and started calling it the Swamp (SWYMp or SW⅄Mp).
Jason
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

josh wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:25 am I knew this was gonna be spam when I started reading about how "great" the swamp was...

image.png
. . . and then there's this one:

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

@dave.laban @jcapriotti Million thanks.
dave.laban

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:07 am . . . and then there's this one:

image.png
At least that one is actually vaguely related to the topic at hand.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I had to go there to read the results of a search. This is what I was greeted with:
image.png
I'm sure the 3rd post had something good to say about SW. ;;
-
Ryan-3DS
Answers: 0

Unread post by Ryan-3DS »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:14 am Not really sure what it is. Maybe @Ryan-3DS could explain further.
Sure this is a platform update. This is no different than a MS OS update that is rolled out.

FD= functional delivery. There is usually 4 FDs per Release. So you are seeing R2023x FD01. So the FD is similar to the SP for Solidworks just for the entire platform.

This is just NOT a 3DSwym (aka Swym) update but all the apps rolled up into one package- business apps, collaboration apps, dashboards, AI, BI tools, CAx apps., etc.
jcapriotti

Ryan-3DS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm Sure this is a platform update. This is no different than a MS OS update that is rolled out.
Our IT doesn't allow Microsoft to just update our servers. We control that via scheduled patching with a rollback plan in case something goes south.
Jason
Ryan-3DS

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:50 am To add a little to what @dave.laban already explained. Dassault calls their community platform 3D SWYM. Which means See What You Mean. Not sure what it's supposed to mean, sounds like a goofy marketing thing.

image.png

Since the site is horribly slow, sluggish, and hard to navigate, we added a "P" and started calling it the Swamp (SWYMp or SW⅄Mp).
FYI for those that are looking for real definitions. 3DSwym is a group of applications. SWYM actually stands for "See What You Mean." Swym environments are "communities". If you are familiar with Microsoft Team Communities it is pretty much the same. Just like the MS you can add "apps" to your community or launch other apps from the community.

Officially, 3DSywm is comprised of applications and functions within a Sywm community. 3DSwym is a social and collaborative environment where users can communicate and interact. It allows them to innovate, share content and publish what matters to them with a limited and selected group of people. If you are familiar with Siemens Xcelerator Share application, then think that but on steroids and most importantly on a single PLATFORM not scattered like Share.

The communities are designed around groups of people with a common goal and then need to interact and coordinate their work. Each community has built-in functions for Posting (different types of functional posts Ideas, questions, surveys, media, and Wedo's (aka tasks) a wiki for information. This may not sound like a lot but when you think about it it is pretty cool. You can have a project that you are working on so you create a Project-based community. Within that community you can have tasks (WeDo's) which can actually be used in or promoted to other larger projects..so yes there is even a project/program management application that is on the platform and is interconnected..but I digress a bit..you can share posts, images, files, CAD data, etc. You can open up a viewer or directly open a CAD file from within the community. There is so much that can be done. And this is only the 3DSwym application.

I cut out a couple of other platform functional areas to limit things here.. Just know that Symn is a community with built-in functionality that can be leveraged by the other applications in the platform.
Ryan-3DS

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:36 pm Our IT doesn't allow Microsoft to just update our servers. We control that via scheduled patching with a rollback plan in case something goes south.
Sure. Very understandable. There are companies that want cloud but don't want the benefits of cloud. In those cases organizations do an on-premise installation just hosted in the cloud and everyone is technically using VPN. That is the lift-and-shift model of cloud - what Siemens does, for the most part. BTW the shift part is about shifting funds from CapEx to OpEx for financial purposes.

Just curious about what your business does. I worked for med device where things are extremely controlled and we worked on a PLM platform that was based on the Salesforce platform. So we were, technically, on the Salesforce platform update schedule. We managed testing, upgrades, etc for both PLM and SAP with different environments and migrated code from server to server. But we had to be done, tested and signed-off by the time SF did their platform upgrade and we had the software provider's "certification" documents in our PLM/Quality system. Normal IT development "stuff". For clarity SAP was not cloud.

As for the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, there are different flavors. I'm not a sales or tech sales so I won't speak to those options. I'll stay in my lane!
dave.laban

Ryan-3DS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:11 pm Officially, 3DSywm is comprised of applications and functions within a Sywm community. 3DSwym is a social and collaborative environment where users can communicate and interact. It allows them to innovate, share content and publish what matters to them with a limited and selected group of people. If you are familiar with Siemens Xcelerator Share application, then think that but on steroids and most importantly on a single PLATFORM not scattered like Share.
And herein lies the problem. The SW forum could hardly be described as a "limited and selected group of people." The Swym UI simply isn't any good for the volume and type of traffic flowing through it.
Frank_Oostendorp

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

dave.laban wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:19 am And herein lies the problem. The SW forum could hardly be described as a "limited and selected group of people." The Swym UI simply isn't any good for the volume and type of traffic flowing through it.
But we do get comics about superheroes, even 3D printable Superheroes. ;; >< ;;
image.png
dave.laban

Ah man I'd just about eradicated the memory of that superhero comic, now you've brought it back again!
Frank_Oostendorp

dave.laban wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:09 am Ah man I'd just about eradicated the memory of that superhero comic, now you've brought it back again!
Well, at least you know what they are busy with, no time to improve the SWYMp. :D
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Print them out.
When SW doesn't work.
You know who to hit.
It even has a target.

Modify it so head and limbs pop off when you hit the target.
And make a TikToc.
:twisted:
AlexLachance

Ryan-3DS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm Sure this is a platform update. This is no different than a MS OS update that is rolled out.
That's odd, I've never had any MS update apply itself without me first accepting it.

You know, admitting faults rather then constantly deflecting would go a long way into helping to make the platform more stable, just sayin'
Frank_Oostendorp

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:46 am You know, admitting faults rather then constantly deflecting would go a long way into helping to make the platform more stable, just sayin'
It's all about: If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Imagine MS send out updates and BSOD every computer.

Oh wait, they did that.
The SWYM is doing it every month.

Imagine Tesla send out updates and stop every car.

User don't care how complex the "app" is.
It just need to work.