"Give 'em Hell Matt"

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

"Give 'em Hell Matt"

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I'm getting a kick out of the replies to this dezignstuff blog post: https://dezignstuff.com/how-long-with-y ... orks-last/.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
matt
Answers: 18

Re: "Give 'em Hell Matt"

Unread post by matt »

Thanks, @Glenn Schroeder

Everybody is welcome to pile on. Ryan is essentially a good guy. He and I have corresponded over the years about many different topics, and he usually has a well thought out and reasoned point of view. He has jumped around to a lot of different jobs, and this week he works for DS. Not sure how long this will last, but I hope it doesn't cause bad blood between us. He certainly seems to have drunk the DS koolaid. These companies all twist the truth and warp perspectives and play with words. Your only information comes from each company, so it's impossible to know what part of which story to believe.

In the end, though, you don't need an MBA analysis to know that DS is treating customers dishonorably. They don't have a customer-centered approach to development. They're just going to cut the old and start over. It's a bad business model. Based on their history in that respect alone, I would look somewhere else for engineering technology.

Anyway, feel free to leave your 2 cents in this discussion over on my blog. I'm sure Ryan's excursion of poking the bear is sanctioned, or he wouldn't do it. I guarantee you he's not going rogue. So if you have something you really want to say to the innards of DS, this is probably as direct a shot as you'll get.
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

Me too, and the replies from Bob.

Kind of glad this got reinvigorated as it was way too quiet on the BLOG...
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

My biggest problem is that company A was great, and company B had lots of issues. Then there's a job change and now Company B is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I get it. We've all got to make a living. But don't expect me to take you seriously when your opinions are so obviously tied to your paycheck.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

SPerman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:24 am My biggest problem is that company A was great, and company B had lots of issues. Then there's a job change and now Company B is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I get it. We've all got to make a living. But don't expect me to take you seriously when your opinions are so obviously tied to your paycheck.
Umm, It seems that's anyone in sales and marketing. That's what they trade for their paycheck.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Man, I'd hate to have a conversation with Ryan. His point of view just makes me want to punch him in the face.

Rather then answer the questions or flaws being pointed, he continually deflects to examples that are not representative of his case and ignoring the fact that these companies's situations are different then SolidWorks. Using Windows as an example just shows his lack of knowledge of the subject at hand.

And then, him insinuating that Matt might have done some plagiarism by saying "You should credit people with your post, it sure sounds familar ;) "

grumph

P.S. I'd love to see him run a complete virtual PC without a PC. Virtual PC's are a lie.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:31 am P.S. I'd love to see him run a complete virtual PC without a PC. Virtual PC's are a lie.
I bet there is a virtual PC in Andruino or raspberry pi running DOOM somewhere.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

matt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:09 am . . . In the end, though, you don't need an MBA analysis to know that DS is treating customers dishonorably. They don't have a customer-centered approach to development. They're just going to cut the old and start over. It's a bad business model. Based on their history in that respect alone, I would look somewhere else for engineering technology.

Anyway, feel free to leave your 2 cents in this discussion over on my blog. I'm sure Ryan's excursion of poking the bear is sanctioned, or he wouldn't do it. I guarantee you he's not going rogue. So if you have something you really want to say to the innards of DS, this is probably as direct a shot as you'll get.
I became convinced of that when they rescinded the ability for existing but delinquent customers to get back on subscription for $500.00. If they wanted to do that with new customers, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but to crawfish on what they told people to try to get them to buy the product, while I'm sure was legal, was unethical.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Frederick_Law

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:49 am I became convinced of that when they rescinded the ability for existing but delinquent customers to get back on subscription for $500.00.
If the Cloud is bring in money, DS wouldn't do that.

You won't give discount if product is flying off the shelf, like Apple iPhone. Even old model don't get much discount.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:31 am Man, I'd hate to have a conversation with...
FYI, he is on this forum. So don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to his face.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Ryan, who? UU
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Frederick_Law

zxys001 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:28 amRyan, who? UU
Reynolds ?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

DanPihlaja wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:15 am FYI, he is on this forum. So don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to his face.
I know he is, I'm not ashamed of anything I say or said. If he ends up getting offended over a figure of speech, perhaps he shouldn't get involved in discussions. Doubt he will though, his skin is thicker then that.
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

zxys001 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:28 amRyan, who? UU
Ryan McVay. He's been around a for a while, and on here some too. A good guy actually, until he drank that DS koolaid, I can see he's starting to push people the wrong way.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

bnemec wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:28 am Umm, It seems that's anyone in sales and marketing. That's what they trade for their paycheck.
And that's why I don't trust anyone who's trying to sell me something. Sometimes it is obvious you are dealing with a salesman. Other times, it is a little more obfuscated.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

matt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am Ryan McVay. He's been around a for a while, and on here some too. A good guy actually, until he drank that DS koolaid, I can see he's starting to push people the wrong way.
He posts under RyGuy and Ryan3DS.
-
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:31 am Man, I'd hate to have a conversation with Ryan. His point of view just makes me want to punch him in the face.

Rather then answer the questions or flaws being pointed, he continually deflects to examples that are not representative of his case and ignoring the fact that these companies's situations are different then SolidWorks. Using Windows as an example just shows his lack of knowledge of the subject at hand.
image.png
image.png (68.85 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
-
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

matt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am Ryan McVay. He's been around a for a while, and on here some too. A good guy actually, until he drank that DS koolaid, I can see he's starting to push people the wrong way.

I'm joking of course and have seen many of Ryan's post in the past.. yeah, the evolutionary cycle is complete. ><
We'll probably need a full on group intervention with the DS tuf luv detox session? grumph
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau