Saving Individual Drawing View as Image/pdf

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
zwei
Answers: 18

Saving Individual Drawing View as Image/pdf

Unread post by zwei »

Is there any way to save individual drawing view (eg; Section View 1) as image/pdf?

For eg, in sheet 1 there are 4views (Top, Front, Right, Section View 1). I would only like to save the Section View 1 as image/pdf

I am currently exporting the view and cropping it manually, but sometime the view is rather awkward to crop (eg: dimension from other view / title block get in the way of standard rectangular cropping tool)
by JSculley » Mon May 08, 2023 7:18 am
SPR 52280 - Ability to save (export) a single drawing view as a desired image file type (png, tif, jpeg, etc)

If you want a view in isolation, you can hide the other views and then use your favorite screenshot tool (Snipping Tool, ShareX, etc). You can also (sometimes) copy/paste the view to a new blank sheet and save that. Or, create a new sheet, drag the view to that sheet, save the image and then undo the drag operation.
Go to full post
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: Saving Individual Drawing View as Image/pdf

Unread post by JSculley »

SPR 52280 - Ability to save (export) a single drawing view as a desired image file type (png, tif, jpeg, etc)

If you want a view in isolation, you can hide the other views and then use your favorite screenshot tool (Snipping Tool, ShareX, etc). You can also (sometimes) copy/paste the view to a new blank sheet and save that. Or, create a new sheet, drag the view to that sheet, save the image and then undo the drag operation.
TTevolve
Answers: 3

Unread post by TTevolve »

I use the sniping tool.

Just take a snip of the view and then you can paste it into paint or other graphics program to print or make a PDF. I do it all the time for progress meeting note and presentations.
Attachments
image.png
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

My workflow is similar to @TTevolve, but I hit the PrtScn button on my keyboard, open it in Paint, and use the eraser tool to remove anything I don't want (like dimensions, notes, etc), then save the area I want.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

Thanks a lot for the input.

I am looking at image export specifically because i need some high dpi image sometimes
image.png
You can also (sometimes) copy/paste the view to a new blank sheet and save that. Or, create a new sheet, drag the view to that sheet, save the image and then undo the drag operation.
This is what i did most of the time when i need a high dpi image but it is a bit more manual than i like :?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.