Configuration Study

m2shell
Answers: 0

Configuration Study

Unread post by m2shell »

Is there a way to compare configurations on a part, so I can see what Features are suppressed / active for each configuration?

It could be useful for preparing shop drawings so I can create a "master 'part" that many other configurations are derived from.
josh
Answers: 11

Re: Configuration Study

Unread post by josh »

Insert a Design Table and choose the "Auto Create" option. It will automatically add every feature/dimension/etc. that varies across configs. You can delete the design table afterward if you don't want to keep it.
m2shell

Unread post by m2shell »

josh wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:20 pm Insert a Design Table and choose the "Auto Create" option. It will automatically add every feature/dimension/etc. that varies across configs. You can delete the design table afterward if you don't want to keep it.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
sergio.monti
Answers: 1

Unread post by sergio.monti »

If you select all the wanted features on the feature tree (hold CTRL) > RMB > Configure feature you get a table where you can see where each feature is suppressed or be able to suppress/unsuppress feature on each configuration. That table work like an excel spreadsheet (copy/paste, fill by dragging the little square spot)
m2shell

Unread post by m2shell »

I have to say it has been years since I needed to use Design Tables, but I'm in it now. Useful as heck.
doobes
Answers: 1

Unread post by doobes »

m2shell wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:28 pm I have to say it has been years since I needed to use Design Tables, but I'm in it now. Useful as heck.
Wow.

I use them on almost every part/assembly.

Would love.love.love if drawings had configurations.

Revision management would then be a piece of cake....
chris