Hole table

Tera
Answers: 2

Hole table

Unread post by Tera »

I have a sheet metal with a lot of holes (maybe more than 60) on one of its flanges.
Even by using patterns etc, I have to add a lot of dimensions that makes the sketch too crowded and makes it very hard to check if the dimensions are correct.

Is there any possible way to use a table or an excel file to add X & Y coordinates and the holes be added? Something like Holes table in drawings.

For now I've divided the holes to several features, but still having a hole table that derives the hole positions seems to be simpler.

Thanks.
by gupta9665 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 am
Tera wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:40 pm I have a sheet metal with a lot of holes (maybe more than 60) on one of its flanges.
Even by using patterns etc, I have to add a lot of dimensions that makes the sketch too crowded and makes it very hard to check if the dimensions are correct.

Is there any possible way to use a table or an excel file to add X & Y coordinates and the holes be added? Something like Holes table in drawings.

For now I've divided the holes to several features, but still having a hole table that derives the hole positions seems to be simpler.

Thanks.
Have you looking into using feature patterns, fill shape pattern , or table driven pattern (you can use an external file in this)?
Go to full post
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: Hole table

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Tera wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:40 pm I have a sheet metal with a lot of holes (maybe more than 60) on one of its flanges.

Thanks.
Have you looking into using feature patterns, fill shape pattern , or table driven pattern (you can use an external file in this)?
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

gupta9665 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:11 am Have you looking into using feature patterns, fill shape, or table driven pattern (you can use an external file in this)?
The holes doesn't follow a pattern. So feature pattern can not be used (I assume)
I don't know what is fill shape. If it's the same as Fill pattern, it can not be used too. Because there's not a special pattern for the holes. I will research to see what Fill shape is.

I had completely forgotten about table driven pattern. Never have used it. It seems promising. I'll check some tutorials and will be back.

Thanks for your feed back.
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

@gupta9665 Table Driven Pattern was perfect.
I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Sorry I meant fill pattern only and accidently typed shape. But glad to know that table driven worked well.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger