PLM options for SolidWorks?

KennyG
Answers: 7

PLM options for SolidWorks?

Unread post by KennyG »

For those users who need full featured enterprise PLM and need to manage your SolidWorks data and associated ECO's, what do you use?

I'm not talking about SolidWorks PDM, but other enterprise systems like Enovia, Windchill, Teamcenter, Aras, etc...

How is your experience with the CAD connector integration with SolidWorks?
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: PLM options for SolidWorks?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Windchill. Workgroup manager is flaky but works most of the time. We often have to keep clearing or deleting the cache on it.
Jason
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

We've ended up with two across different bits of the company (don't ask).

Aras Innovator: sold as extremely powerful and highly configurable. I'm happy with the performance however we seem to have tied ourselves in to some support contract that makes any changes extremely expensive to make. Reading through the literature I'm convinced there's a better way but I'm not part of the company completely reliant on it. We don't currently have the SW integration tool which makes everything just way slower than it should be.

Pulse PLM: What I spend most of my days in. Less powerful, slightly old school UI but extremely robust with great support and are responsive to enhancement requests. Extremely happy with the SW integration tool. Manages to do everything we need without much fuss, there were just a couple of instances where it was easier to change our processes to match the software, rather than bully the software in to fitting our processes.
Slasher
Answers: 0

Unread post by Slasher »

Definitely looks into Upchain from Autodesk.
Ryan-3DS
Answers: 0

Unread post by Ryan-3DS »

Slasher wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:13 am Definitely looks into Upchain from Autodesk.
I don't think I would go that route. All the principles that joined Autodesk from Upchain left after the acquisition. I've heard from some industry people that Upchain is not the preferred solution by Autodesk. Vault is still the main PDM tool for Inventor, Fusion Manage is the newer tool that is the current solution for "PDMish" tools for Design/Make and Autodesk Docs is the preferred PDMish tool for the AEC industry. So basically, Autodesk doesn't have a real solid solution for PDM.