updating general table calculations that has hidden columns

colt
Answers: 0

updating general table calculations that has hidden columns

Unread post by colt »

My end goal is to create a rebuildable note that contains formatted assembly mass and cg dimension values.

I have successfully created this note using a general table.
works.jpg

I just hide all the unused rows and columns and end up with this tidy result
good.jpg

Where I am having trouble is with the rebuildable functionality of the note. I have found that the note is not updated until I manually unhide the hidden cells. Sigh...
ANNOYING.jpg

Anyone know another way to do this? Ideally all calcs should be done drawing side without having to add any new equations or properties to the model.

I have a macro that runs when I save the pdf. Maybe I can leave the table visible by default so the data is updated live, then hide cells right before pdf export, and finish up by restoring their visibility after export.
mgibeault
Answers: 1

Re: updating general table calculations that has hidden columns

Unread post by mgibeault »

In the assembly BOM table, when you show the column with the mass, you can have it add a row with the calculated total.
If I recall correctly... I am not there yet at my new job...
mp3-250
Answers: 20

Unread post by mp3-250 »

If tables are a problem, try to make a block out of some notes linked to the properties you want to show and draw some lines around it.
we have a similar block, for weight only.
colt
Answers: 0

Unread post by colt »

Thanks for suggestions. The table method has been working, I setup autohide code in my pdf export macro if the tablename = massTable.
@mgibeault Using the bom looked promising, I was able to do the same calculations and precision changes, then I linked my note to the bom cells using the 'link table cell' button. Unfortunately, when I hid the calculation column on the bom the referenced fields in the note went blank. I guess I could have an always visible off sheet bom to do calcs in.

@mp3-250 Do you know a way to change precision / multiply the custom property by value directly in note? I went through all this table rigamarole because I couldn't find a way.