Library Feature Orientation

Bryan O
Answers: 1

Library Feature Orientation

Unread post by Bryan O »

I've created a simple library feature but it does not work correctly.
The features one set of features (green highlight) came in correctly but when I tried to create more using the same library feature in a different orientation, it errors out.
It would seem that it's recognizing a horizontal/vertical from the library feature and tries to fit that orientation.
Attached is the file if anyone has an idea that might work.
image.png
Attachments
CAM AND DOWEL.sldlfp
(89.1 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Library Feature Orientation

Unread post by mike miller »

I got it to work by deleting all the horizontal/vertical relations and applying parallel/perpendicular ones. I accidentally deleted two points, but don't have time to fix it right now. At least the errors are gone.
Attachments
CAM AND DOWEL.sldlfp
(89.61 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

@mike miller may be wrong about other things, but he's right about this...
Think about your library components as if they were independent blocks. If you add any relations that require an orientation and you don't want that orientation it'll break the library feature. This was done intentionally because sometimes you may want a library feature with such a relation. So what this results in is that you have to be extra careful about all the relations when creating a library feature. Definitely use Display/Delete Relations when creating these Library Features or you'll end up in this situation again.
TL:DR Just do what Mike posted and if you ever see the need for a horizontal or vertical relation, add it, but be careful.
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 pm @mike miller may be wrong about other things, but he's right about this...
Think about your library components as if they were independent blocks. If you add any relations that require an orientation and you don't want that orientation it'll break the library feature. This was done intentionally because sometimes you may want a library feature with such a relation. So what this results in is that you have to be extra careful about all the relations when creating a library feature. Definitely use Display/Delete Relations when creating these Library Features or you'll end up in this situation again.
TL:DR Just do what Mike posted and if you ever see the need for a horizontal or vertical relation, add it, but be careful.
I'm never wrong. Actually, I was wrong once, but then I found out later that I was right after all.

;;
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39