I've already done it :D

Cheers
Mario
RTFM or ask Mom!
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: SOLIDWORKS Subscription Value Added Benefits

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Good point, if you are on subscription, you get 1 exam voucher per year that will apply to any certification exam excluding the CSWE.
And there's lots of good help available to you to help get you through those certifications on this forum. Just post what you are taking here and we'll help out if we can.
Peter De Vlieger
Answers: 0

Unread post by Peter De Vlieger »

I guess that for some companies in some countries having succeeded in one of those tests means something.

In most of the world it doesn't get you anything. Those that know what it is might say 'well done' and then still ask you to demonstrate that you can actual draw something and or design something to see if you can actually use the program with any proficiency just like everyone else including those that didn't do the test. And that's pretty much the best case scenario because those that have no clue what CSWE and such means will simply ignore it.

Besides, they charge you for the program, the manuals, access to MySolidworks (if you want to see 'lessons' that don't utterly belong in the category of 'DUH'), and training and any testing. When you think about it, they are actually charging you to do bug reporting because you have to go through a VAR, which is paid for by your subscription.

But they might grant you 1 free test a year IF you are on subscription. They have been doing this for years now, so it isn't exactly anything new.

You know where they can go, them and the horse they rode in on?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Peter De Vlieger wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:19 am I guess that for some companies in some countries having succeeded in one of those tests means something.

In most of the world it doesn't get you anything. Those that know what it is might say 'well done' and then still ask you to demonstrate that you can actual draw something and or design something to see if you can actually use the program with any proficiency just like everyone else including those that didn't do the test. And that's pretty much the best case scenario because those that have no clue what CSWE and such means will simply ignore it.

Besides, they charge you for the program, the manuals, access to MySolidworks (if you want to see 'lessons' that don't utterly belong in the category of 'DUH'), and training and any testing. When you think about it, they are actually charging you to do bug reporting because you have to go through a VAR, which is paid for by your subscription.

But they might grant you 1 free test a year IF you are on subscription. They have been doing this for years now, so it isn't exactly anything new.

You know where they can go, them and the horse they rode in on?
Hey Peter,

Nice to see you on here!

Agreed with you, the subscription is inflated with a load of useless crap.
mattpeneguy

AlexLachance wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm Hey Peter,

Nice to see you on here!

Agreed with you, the subscription is inflated with a load of useless crap.
But, but, but, they provide us with the platform which is paid for with those subscription fees...They have 500+ people working on it feverishly as I'm typing this...Surely you are aware of that!
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:50 pm But, but, but, they provide us with the platform which is paid for with those subscription fees...They have 500+ people working on it feverishly as I'm typing this...Surely you are aware of that!
Still waiting for one of them to come and massage me while I work :lol:
mattpeneguy

AlexLachance wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:54 pm Still waiting for one of them to come and massage me while I work :lol:
Don't give them any ideas of anything else they can get involved in that's not related to CAD to waste resources...
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 pm Don't give them any ideas of anything else they can get involved in that's not related to CAD to waste resources...
Lmfao, good point, leave it to them to find a way to hire bone breakers as massage therapists if that were ever to happen