Issues w/ Simple Coincident Mate?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Ballfreak10
Answers: 0

Issues w/ Simple Coincident Mate?

Unread post by Ballfreak10 »

Hi all,

In the attached file, I created Coincident4, by mating the Top Planes of two iterations of one part, in an effort to align them in that regard. However, the components do not appear to have been aligned in any such way after adding it. Also no error messages of any kind.

Does anyone know what could potentially be going on here?

All help is appreciated :)!

Thanks in advance,

EDIT 5/5:

Sorry, I forgot to Pack and Go! .zip file of the assembly is now attached.

I unsuccessfully tried another method since then, too: Concentric3, Coincident6, and Coincident7 are all in an effort to get the same thing done, but the mates once again simply aren't behaving as I intended/expected.
Attachments
Mouse Assembly_Forums.zip
(580.1 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Issues w/ Simple Coincident Mate?

Unread post by MJuric »

Ballfreak10 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:38 pm Hi all,

In the attached file, I created Coincident4, by mating the Top Planes of two iterations of one part, in an effort to align them in that regard. However, the components do not appear to have been aligned in any such way after adding it. Also no error messages of any kind.

Does anyone know what could potentially be going on here?

All help is appreciated :)!

Thanks in advance,
I just got an error when I tried to open your file. Could be because you're on a later version but it usually tells me that. Also if that is an actually assembly with multiple parts, unless they are all internally saved, you'll need to pack and go the assy or include all the part files as well.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

It appears that you only posted the Assembly. We can't open it without the Parts.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
JPARKER

Unread post by JPARKER »

Along with the missing parts (unless they are internal to the assembly), please make sure to note the version and service pack you are running.
josh
Answers: 15

Unread post by josh »

Umm, so when I open your assembly I see two curved right mouse buttons, and one is upside down. In order to make a mouse, you need a left button and a right button. Two right buttons will not work any better than two right shoes fit your feet.
Jim Steinmeyer

Unread post by Jim Steinmeyer »

josh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm Umm, so when I open your assembly I see two curved right mouse buttons, and one is upside down. In order to make a mouse, you need a left button and a right button. Two right buttons will not work any better than two right shoes fit your feet.
Picky, picky :lol: