Sketch Text Bracket Issue

dave.laban
Answers: 5

Sketch Text Bracket Issue

Unread post by dave.laban »

Just wondering if anyone has come across this one before and may have a solution. I need to use some brackets in some sketch text and the alignment is off - the top of the brackets are just about in line with the letters, but the bottom are dangling way underneath.
image.png
Any hacks to get the bottom of the brackets aligned to the bottom of the letters too? Or at least have the brackets vertically aligned to the middle of the letters so the overhang is the same top and bottom.

Font is Century Gothic, would prefer to stick with this but can change to something similar if that's what's needed.
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 3

Re: Sketch Text Bracket Issue

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

Quick fix is to make two separate sketches, one with the text, the other with the brackets.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Trying a different font was going to be my suggestion. That at least would give you an indication if it is just that font, or a system wide problem.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
dave.laban
Answers: 5

Unread post by dave.laban »

Thanks both. Jim provided some background info on The Other Place about the font, in that the brackets are positioned to be central to lower case text.

https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... OtRoUkH2Ew

As the text in this instance will be constant, I can get away with the slightly tedious method of dissolving the sketch entities and moving / resizing the brackets only per requirements.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

It's Century Gothic, I would use a different font.

In Word:
image.png
Jason
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

Unread post by Roasted By John »

The Text comes directly from the Microsoft Text folder, so like @jcapriotti mentioned, change the font
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way