Watercooler Talk

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Watercooler Talk

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 am irrelevant to matters, but I'm curious.
I always keep a sponge under my elbow. otherwise my arm always goes numb.
How do you guys work?
2.jpg
I work with my keyboard and mouse pad near the edge of the desk, so the heel of my hand is all that's on it. My upper arm is very near vertical, so there's no noticeable strain in my elbow. There's 6" - 8" between me and the front of the desk.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Roasted By John wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:25 am Now that's Foul ;)

You could try our Turpiggy :shock:

image.png
image.png (228.03 KiB) Viewed 6480 times
If you are going to do that, why not a Turducken?
Chicken inside a duck which is inside a turkey...
There's even a meme, I never knew about:

image.png
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:31 pm If you are going to do that, why not a Turducken?
Chicken inside a duck which is inside a turkey...
There's even a meme, I never knew about:

image.png
@mattpeneguy, there is something wrong with you. . . AND I LIKE IT!!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm @mattpeneguy, there is something wrong with you. . . AND I LIKE IT!!
Turducken was big down here 20 or 30 years ago. I'm not sure it started down here, but I think it did. The birds are all deboned, so you slice it like a roast. The duck fat gets into both the chicken and the turkey. So it's real juicy. If you've never had it, I recommend it. I'm pretty sure you can get them in most parts of the country now, just like Tobasco (when I was 6 and lived in TX, it was a big deal that we got some Tabasco...Now you can get a bottle at a gas station in Newark)...if you do get a turducken, don't take my advice as you should get one from a gas station....
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:19 pm Turducken was big down here 20 or 30 years ago. I'm not sure it started down here, but I think it did. The birds are all deboned, so you slice it like a roast. The duck fat gets into both the chicken and the turkey. So it's real juicy. If you've never had it, I recommend it. I'm pretty sure you can get them in most parts of the country now, just like Tobasco (when I was 6 and lived in TX, it was a big deal that we got some Tabasco...Now you can get a bottle at a gas station in Newark)...if you do get a turducken, don't take my advice as you should get one from a gas station....
We had a Turducken for a couple Thanksgiving dinners. The ones we had also had some sort of sausage mixture between each layer. Not sure if that is "Normal" or just the ones we had.

Been a while but if I recall it being like a "Meat Roll". Cut it like a roast and you got Turkey, sausage, duck, sausage, chicken, sausage. I remember it being very tasty partially because the sausage mixture had just a tiny bit of spice with it.
mattpeneguy

MJuric wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:27 pm We had a Turducken for a couple Thanksgiving dinners. The ones we had also had some sort of sausage mixture between each layer. Not sure if that is "Normal" or just the ones we had.

Been a while but if I recall it being like a "Meat Roll". Cut it like a roast and you got Turkey, sausage, duck, sausage, chicken, sausage. I remember it being very tasty partially because the sausage mixture had just a tiny bit of spice with it.
Pfft...Spoken like a true Yankee...
Remember we are the people that couldn't get enough spices on the outside of the meat...So we came up with this:
image.png
image.png (85.95 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
Ya know we've got our own Navy now, too?
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm Pfft...Spoken like a true Yankee...
Remember we are the people that couldn't get enough spices on the outside of the meat...So we came up with this:
image.png
I actually have one of those that I use on turkeys. My favorite so far is a Jalapeno sauce I make myself. Oddly enough it's not hot and gives the Turkey an oddly "Earthy" herbal flavor. I used to do this all the time when I would deep fry a turkey....which I don't do much anymore because it's a mess.
mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm Ya know we've got our own Navy now, too?
I think I remember a time in American history when the south tried that once before
mattpeneguy

MJuric wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:13 pm I actually have one of those that I use on turkeys. My favorite so far is a Jalapeno sauce I make myself. Oddly enough it's not hot and gives the Turkey an oddly "Earthy" herbal flavor. I used to do this all the time when I would deep fry a turkey....which I don't do much anymore because it's a mess.
Just about as good (I can't tell the difference) and nowhere near the mess:
https://www.charbroil.com/the-big-easy- ... r-17102065
All I do with the turkey is take some season salt (Slap ya Momma, (not Tony Cachere's) or one of the local ones we have in our area that has a good seasoning to salt ratio) and separate the skin from the turkey and run my hand with small handfuls of the season salt on the meat. I get a decent coating on the meat. Then I salt the outside of the skin. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to cook, but there's no oil to deal with.
I think I remember a time in American history when the south tried that once before
I'd never have guessed you were that old...
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:29 pm Just about as good (I can't tell the difference) and nowhere near the mess:
All I do with the turkey is take some season salt (Slap ya Momma, (not Tony Cachere's) or one of the local ones we have in our area that has a good seasoning to salt ratio) and separate the skin from the turkey and run my hand with small handfuls of the season salt on the meat. I get a decent coating on the meat. Then I salt the outside of the skin. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to cook, but there's no oil to deal with.
Hmmm...that might have to go on the Amazon wish list.
mattpeneguy

MJuric wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:33 pm Hmmm...that might have to go on the Amazon wish list.
Check the price. It's sometimes significantly more expensive on Amazon than directly from Charbroil.
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

So i take a peek at SOLIDWORK blog today and they had a so call CLOUD QUIZ which i thought i can try it out
https://blogs.solidworks.com/solidworksblog/
image.png
I tried it and this is what it give me...which is pretty useless
The question also dint make sense by the way.
image.png
Make me wonder what DS do with their resource eh?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:16 am So i take a peek at SOLIDWORK blog today and they had a so call CLOUD QUIZ which i thought i can try it out
https://blogs.solidworks.com/solidworksblog/

image.png

I tried it and this is what it give me...which is pretty useless
The question also dint make sense by the way.
image.png

Make me wonder what DS do with their resource eh?
..I think I read/saw that wrong? :D
Attachments
4014117_color-5bb5325746e0fb0026d849e4.png
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:29 pm Just about as good (I can't tell the difference) and nowhere near the mess:

I'd never have guessed you were that old...
The Big Easy is great!... I have the one with the hood.
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
mattpeneguy

zxys001 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am The Big Easy is great!... I have the one with the hood.
I like that the new ones like that come with a place to put wood chips. Mine is just a fryer.
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:28 pm I like that the new ones like that come with a place to put wood chips. Mine is just a fryer.
My fav is still cherry but nearly all have been worth using,.. the smoke flavor definitely translates well.
With yours,.. maybe suspend a basket/box of chips near the mid/bottom?
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Not sure how you guys feel/think about doge but... wth.. this whole *coin smells of pyramid scheme slime all over it. And, don't get me wrong.. I'd luv to see the bank system collapse.
Attachments
download (9).jpg
mattpeneguy

This is just too easy...
image.png
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

zxys001 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm Not sure how you guys feel/think about doge but... wth.. this whole *coin smells of pyramid scheme slime all over it. And, don't get me wrong.. I'd luv to see the bank system collapse.
As always, take your profit and run.
Ömür Tokman

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Young people today announced the green card results. I cannot login because the site is very busy. I am waiting for your prayers.
@matt
@mattpeneguy
@Glenn Schroeder
@Rob
@AlexLachance
@Frederick_Law
@dpihlaja
@Tom G
@Roasted By John
etc... Please.
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
mattpeneguy

Ömür Tokman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm Young people today announced the green card results. I cannot login because the site is very busy. I am waiting for your prayers.
@matt
@mattpeneguy
@Glenn Schroeder
@Rob
@AlexLachance
@Frederick_Law
@dpihlaja
@Tom G
@Roasted By John
etc... Please.
Absolutely!
I hope it comes through for you this time!
Ömür Tokman

Thanks a lot @mattpeneguy
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm Young people today announced the green card results. I cannot login because the site is very busy. I am waiting for your prayers.
@matt
@mattpeneguy
@Glenn Schroeder
@Rob
@AlexLachance
@Frederick_Law
@dpihlaja
@Tom G
@Roasted By John
etc... Please.
Wishing you good luck!
matt

Unread post by matt »

@matt
@mattpeneguy
@Glenn Schroeder
@Rob
@AlexLachance
@Frederick_Law
@dpihlaja
@Tom G
@Roasted By John
etc... Please.

Best of luck. Really, people like you coming in should be a no brainer. If they have any sense, they will help you. Plus, I have to say, thanks for doing this the right way, even though it's frustrating. We get so many people doing it the wrong way and getting rewarded for it, with much less to offer than you have.
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

Just saw this as I took a quick swipe through the Swamp. https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... TpjbtHIIOQ

Just wait for the suggestion for a one-click-color-match to make the Top Ten List.

<()> <()> <()>

In case you don't want to wander in....
2021-05-10 16_45_48.jpg
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
mike miller

Fun, fun... ;;
2021-05-10 17_10_33.jpg
2021-05-10 17_10_33.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Ömür Tokman

matt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 am Best of luck. Really, people like you coming in should be a no brainer. If they have any sense, they will help you. Plus, I have to say, thanks for doing this the right way, even though it's frustrating. We get so many people doing it the wrong way and getting rewarded for it, with much less to offer than you have.
Thank you all very much.
First of all, I have a nice family, no matter what happens, everything must be legal, I can't risk them.
Result! it didn't happen this year,
Maybe with H2b visa if I can find a sponsoring company.
I am planning to research the UK this year.
Frederick_Law

mike miller wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:11 pm Fun, fun... ;;

2021-05-10 17_10_33.jpg
Are you stirring the right pot?
Frederick_Law

Got my vaccine last night. Still alive.
matt

Unread post by matt »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:48 am Thank you all very much.
First of all, I have a nice family, no matter what happens, everything must be legal, I can't risk them.
Sorry about that, Ömür. I don't know if it would help to use this place or some of its members as reference. You've been around for a while, and have been a contributor, and that should be easy to verify. Best of luck, whatever happens.
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

yeah, sorry Omur.
persistence is a virtue.
good luck with the UK.
AlexLachance

It's just too bad, keep up your optimism, they don't know who they're missing out on.

Maybe Canada could be an alternative for you too, though you might not enjoy it's winters :lol:
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

matt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 am Best of luck. Really, people like you coming in should be a no brainer. If they have any sense, they will help you. Plus, I have to say, thanks for doing this the right way, even though it's frustrating. We get so many people doing it the wrong way and getting rewarded for it, with much less to offer than you have.
Not to go all political which I know is a no no, but the entire process to citizen ship in the US is broken.

I had a friend that was a very talented programmer. Worked with several large corps do very "Mission Critical" projects, Home Depot size companies. He had spent thousands of dollars on his citizen ship process. Had remained gainfully employed for over six years on 2-3 projects like the above. Six weeks before he got his citizenship he was laid off largely because the project he was working on was completed. He had to find a new job before the date came up or he was going to be denied and possibly deported.

Luckily he found one, cross country, had to move etc etc in six weeks.

I'm staying away from politics as much as is possible here but I think we can all pretty much agree that the system from crossing the border illegally to bringing in highly skilled labor....ain't workin' well.
Frederick_Law

Well, we're open for all positive person here .....
Tony Tieuli
Answers: 0

Unread post by Tony Tieuli »

I'm very sorry it didn't happen for you this year Nephew! :(
Keep trying and please don't give up on the USA! Of course if the UK works for you go for it!
Ömür Tokman

Frederick_Law wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:36 am Well, we're open for all positive person here .....
my tests were negative. I didn't know that Canada is bringing people who are positive into the country. now my first job will be to kiss covid patients until they get positive. when i am positive i will come to canada. ><
Tom G
Answers: 0

Unread post by Tom G »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:04 am my tests were negative. I didn't know that Canada is bringing people who are positive into the country. now my first job will be to kiss covid patients until they get positive. when i am positive i will come to canada.
I'd take FLaw's comments with skepticism. He may have meant a positive attitude. Don't do anything drastic or dangerous.
Frederick_Law

We had been telling Mr.T to close the border from the beginning.
Traveller can walk off the airport without check or quarantine.
We still have no proof that closing airport will reduce spread.
So we're positively welcome all positive.
AlexLachance

Frederick_Law wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:13 am We had been telling Mr.T to close the border from the beginning.
Traveller can walk off the airport without check or quarantine.
We still have no proof that closing airport will reduce spread.
So we're positively welcome all positive.
Kid Kodak's not much of a reference when it comes to politics :lol:
mike miller

Just noticed your post count, @matt. :lol:
666.jpg
666.jpg (26.25 KiB) Viewed 6112 times
()
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

mike miller wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:43 am Just noticed your post count, @matt. :lol:

666.jpg

()
Lets all give him 90 more likes so that it become

?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
mike miller

Look who's here! @Dennis Bacon

>< ><
mattpeneguy

Frederick_Law

Yes, use paper bag and cardboard box. More environmental friendly.
Use BPA free container.
mattpeneguy

Frederick_Law wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:27 pm Yes, use paper bag and cardboard box. More environmental friendly.
Use BPA free container.
Last time around, I was joking about filling up the bed of my pickup truck with gas...
Frederick_Law

You should fill the tires.
Dump engine oil, coolant, windshield washer and fill with gas.
Let me know when you do it. I'll live stream it.
Frederick_Law

Ok, time to take a SwYm.
mattpeneguy

Frederick_Law wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:16 pm Ok, time to take a SwYm.
Good luck...
drown.gif
drown.gif (624.73 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
mike miller

Breakfast at work. We do this about every week.... :P
2021-05-13 08_40_36.jpg
AlexLachance

mike miller wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 am Breakfast at work. We do this about every week.... :P

2021-05-13 08_40_36.jpg
That's pretty friggin' awesome. I bring cookies every thursday for my department, makes people happy and doesn't cost much.

Haven't brought any since COVID though, the ridiculousness is still going on in Canada.
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

mike miller wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:41 am Breakfast at work. We do this about every week.... :P

2021-05-13 08_40_36.jpg
bacon.jpg
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky