Watercooler Talk

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Watercooler Talk

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:44 am Guys, it's not just wildlife you need to be worried about.
image.png
I actually know people that have been killed by cows, well a Bull and indirectly know a person that was killed and eaten by pigs. My step Grandfather was pinned against a fence by our breeder bull and essentially crushed. He eventually died from his injuries. The bull weighed ~2400lbs...yeah that's a tad lighter than a Toyota Corolla. The same bull, years later, yes they kept the bull, got angry at the younger bull that was being raised to replace him and picked him up and tossed him with his head. That bull was only ~1800lbs at the time. The younger bull landed in one of the feeding stalls, legs straight up. Had to drag him out with the tractor so he could get up.

A friend of friend type of thing, but they raised pigs. No one knows quite sure what happened but the farmer was in the pen and for some reason ended on the ground. Not sure if he had a medical issue, passed out or was knocked down and knocked out. Pigs ate him. Oddly enough apparently this happens way more often then one would like to believe.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

MJuric wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:45 am I actually know people that have been killed by cows, well a Bull and indirectly know a person that was killed and eaten by pigs. My step Grandfather was pinned against a fence by our breeder bull and essentially crushed. He eventually died from his injuries. The bull weighed ~2400lbs...yeah that's a tad lighter than a Toyota Corolla. The same bull, years later, yes they kept the bull, got angry at the younger bull that was being raised to replace him and picked him up and tossed him with his head. That bull was only ~1800lbs at the time. The younger bull landed in one of the feeding stalls, legs straight up. Had to drag him out with the tractor so he could get up.

A friend of friend type of thing, but they raised pigs. No one knows quite sure what happened but the farmer was in the pen and for some reason ended on the ground. Not sure if he had a medical issue, passed out or was knocked down and knocked out. Pigs ate him. Oddly enough apparently this happens way more often then one would like to believe.
Pigs are often used to get rid of bodies because they leave nothing at all.

I've had a huge bull rush at me and my dad when I was younger and we were lucky enough to get him to stop by throwing a huge rock right between his eyes. That was a very scary moment lol, but I gotta say I prefer being rushed by a bull then by a bear, which has also happened to me :lol:
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:44 pm Pigs are often used to get rid of bodies because they leave nothing at all.

I've had a huge bull rush at me and my dad when I was younger and we were lucky enough to get him to stop by throwing a huge rock right between his eyes. That was a very scary moment lol, but I gotta say I prefer being rushed by a bull then by a bear, which has also happened to me :lol:
I got away from a bull once, thankfully there was an electrical fence I dove over and the thing stopped. I was always amazed at how a single wire with electricity in it can stop a 2000lb plus animal. I was 12 at the time and returned a little while later with a BB gun and shot him in the nut sack...I figured that's the least he deserved.

I also ended up a tree once because I was out in the field rounding up the cows for milking and happened upon a brand new born calf. Mommy was unhappy. Tractor was too far away so up a tree I went.

There's a reason that farming is perennially in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Heavy equipment and large animals make for dead people in many cases.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

MJuric wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:24 pm I got away from a bull once, thankfully there was an electrical fence I dove over and the thing stopped. I was always amazed at how a single wire with electricity in it can stop a 2000lb plus animal. I was 12 at the time and returned a little while later with a BB gun and shot him in the nut sack...I figured that's the least he deserved.

I also ended up a tree once because I was out in the field rounding up the cows for milking and happened upon a brand new born calf. Mommy was unhappy. Tractor was too far away so up a tree I went.

There's a reason that farming is perennially in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Heavy equipment and large animals make for dead people in many cases.
You gave me a good laugh with your BB gun comment!

And just think, it could be things like that that contribute to farming being so dangerous. Perhaps some of it is self-caused. :lol:
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

You be the judge.

The car Will Smith "drove" in the movie I, Robot:

Or this thing that apparently is real:

This video is from two years ago!!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Roasted By John

Unread post by Roasted By John »

MJuric wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:45 am I actually know people that have been killed by cows, well a Bull and indirectly know a person that was killed and eaten by pigs. My step Grandfather was pinned against a fence by our breeder bull and essentially crushed. He eventually died from his injuries. The bull weighed ~2400lbs...yeah that's a tad lighter than a Toyota Corolla. The same bull, years later, yes they kept the bull, got angry at the younger bull that was being raised to replace him and picked him up and tossed him with his head. That bull was only ~1800lbs at the time. The younger bull landed in one of the feeding stalls, legs straight up. Had to drag him out with the tractor so he could get up.

One of my uncles was lucky to survive a Bull attack
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Roasted By John wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 am One of my uncles was lucky to survive a Bull attack
Those animals are HUGE. I don't think people realize how large they are if you've not been around them. Our mature bulls reached ~6ft at the shoulders and weighed 2000-2500lbs. I'm only 5'8", yeah short....but even as an adult male that thing was a good 3-4inches taller than me and even as a fat adult 10X heavier. As a 12 YO kid they looked like mountains of meat and regularly just scared the living crap out of me.

Pigs are the same way. Everyone has this idea of some quite little piglet. Some of those things can be 4ft tall and weigh a 1000lbs....and they have no problem eating you. Pigs are evil.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

MJuric wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:45 am Those animals are HUGE. I don't think people realize how large they are if you've not been around them. Our mature bulls reached ~6ft at the shoulders and weighed 2000-2500lbs. I'm only 5'8", yeah short....but even as an adult male that thing was a good 3-4inches taller than me and even as a fat adult 10X heavier. As a 12 YO kid they looked like mountains of meat and regularly just scared the living crap out of me.

Pigs are the same way. Everyone has this idea of some quite little piglet. Some of those things can be 4ft tall and weigh a 1000lbs....and they have no problem eating you. Pigs are evil.
Two thousand pound bulls aren't unusual, but 6' tall at the shoulder is. What breed were they? Chianina?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
AlexLachance

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:15 am Two thousand pound bulls aren't unusual, but 6' tall at the shoulder is. What breed were they? Chianina?
When you get bulls/cows for the meat, it's not unusual for them to get to this size. Farmers around here don't want a bull that's under 1500 pounds, no kidding.

I've had an uncle and an aunt almost be killed a few times by one of their bulls, or a mother cow trying to be protective of their calf out of nowhere, it ain't pretty.
Glenn Schroeder

AlexLachance wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:28 am When you get bulls/cows for the meat, it's not unusual for them to get to this size. Farmers around here don't want a bull that's under 1500 pounds, no kidding.
I understand that. I've been around beef cattle since I was a child, and owned them all my adult life (which is 40+ years at this point), and I don't want a bull that's under 2000 pounds at maturity.

It's the 6' at the shoulder part that I was asking about.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Roasted By John

MJuric wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:45 am Those animals are HUGE. I don't think people realize how large they are if you've not been around them. Our mature bulls reached ~6ft at the shoulders and weighed 2000-2500lbs. I'm only 5'8", yeah short....but even as an adult male that thing was a good 3-4inches taller than me and even as a fat adult 10X heavier. As a 12 YO kid they looked like mountains of meat and regularly just scared the living crap out of me.

I take an offence with your comment that pigs are evil, the dead pigs we get make a good Pig Roast better.. :D UU

www.martinsroastapig.com
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
AlexLachance

Roasted By John wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:42 am I take an offence with your comment that pigs are evil, the dead pigs we get make a good Pig Roast better.. :D UU

www.martinsroastapig.com
Besides.... Bacon, evil? Really?
:lol:
Tony Tieuli
Answers: 0

Unread post by Tony Tieuli »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:46 am Besides.... Bacon, evil? Really?
:lol:
I think the answer to that is "The only good pig is a dead pig! And dead pigs are really, really good!" ;;
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:15 am Two thousand pound bulls aren't unusual, but 6' tall at the shoulder is. What breed were they? Chianina?
Holstein's Bulls can get up to 6'+ Cows are typically closer to 5'. I just looked up the record tallest Holstein and it was 6'3". The one we had was near 6'.

I just looked up Chianina's and they appear to be similar in size to Holsteins.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Roasted By John wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:42 am I take an offence with your comment that pigs are evil, the dead pigs we get make a good Pig Roast better.. :D UU

www.martinsroastapig.com
At the point that it goes from Pig to dinner it clearly translates from Evil to delicious. As someone else said, the best pig is a dead one.
Glenn Schroeder

MJuric wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 pm Holstein's Bulls can get up to 6'+ Cows are typically closer to 5'. I just looked up the record tallest Holstein and it was 6'3". The one we had was near 6'.

I just looked up Chianina's and they appear to be similar in size to Holsteins.
I didn't think about dairy cattle. This used to be dairy country, so I've seen plenty of Holstein cows, but I don't remember ever seeing a bull. I don't know of any beef breeds (other than Chianina, which was hot for a while in the 1980's but are rarely seen now) that routinely get that tall.

MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:03 pm I didn't think about dairy cattle. This used to be dairy country, so I've seen plenty of Holstein cows, but I don't remember ever seeing a bull. I don't know of any beef breeds (other than Chianina, which was hot for a while in the 1980's but are rarely seen now) that routinely get that tall.
Typically won't see the bulls in with Dairy cattle as the breeding is often fairly controlled. We would often do artificial insemination to try and get better cattle and when we did let the bull go do it's thing it was typically with a selected group of cows. We always had a liquid nitrogen canister filled with sperm samples....that also functioned very well as a frog and salamander freezer :D
Roasted By John

MJuric wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:18 pm We would often do artificial insemination to try and get better cattle and when we did let the bull go do it's thing it was typically with a selected group of cows. We always had a liquid nitrogen canister filled with sperm samples....that also functioned very well as a frog and salamander freezer :D
The predecessor of the new "AI"
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Roasted By John

It's a Sad Day here on this Forum.....

No Chat
image.png
image.png (20.61 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Ömür Tokman

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

where did it go? (mchat)
2021-05-21_18-13-10.png
2021-05-21_18-14-00.png
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

Happy Towel Day to all the hoopy froods! It's the 20th anniversary of Towel Day.

It's also Geek Pride Day. Coincidence?
Ömür Tokman

I can't see the pictures from the phone. -Chrome- anyone having this problem?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210525-211811~2.png
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

Ömür, there was an issue about 2 or 3 weeks after the forum's launch which required a restore from backup, if I recall correctly. Images posted before that time are broken.
Ömür Tokman

This morning my mind came to DAVE, I missed it. I am sending him e-mails periodically but he could not reply to any of them. Is there anyone who can hear from him, good or bad?
Maybe?
@MichaelLord
@artem
Roasted By John

The old Kitty Dump is up (SYWM)
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Ömür Tokman

Has anyone participated in the solidworks champions program before?
I want to try but don't dare as my English sucks (I still use translate 70%).
Is this an exam or do I need to show a project?
I have no idea how the process works, I don't know what I will encounter.

maybe I should ask this under a heading so that it can be a resource for those who are curious. say what?
AlexLachance

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:46 am Has anyone participated in the solidworks champions program before?
I want to try but don't dare as my English sucks (I still use translate 70%).
Is this an exam or do I need to show a project?
I have no idea how the process works, I don't know what I will encounter.

maybe I should ask this under a heading so that it can be a resource for those who are curious. say what?
Agreed, I've never heard of the SolidWorks Champions program until now, so it'd certainly catch some people's curiosity
Ömür Tokman

AlexLachance wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:51 am Agreed, I've never heard of the SolidWorks Champions program until now, so it'd certainly catch some people's curiosity
https://www.solidworks.com/tr/community ... -champions
my question is still valid, it will be very good for me to get information from someone who knows.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

There are details here. IMO, it is a badge you get to wear if you are a solidworks fanboy. (Or possibly a VAR.)

https://www.solidworks.com/community/so ... -champions

Earned a SOLIDWORKS and/or 3DEXPERIENCE certification through our Certification Program
Attended 3DEXPERIENCE WORLD and/or a SOLIDWORKS Launch event –either online or in-person - over the last 12 months
Demonstrated active participation within online communities (forums, social media), SOLIDWORKS User Groups, or local initiatives (such as STEM programs)
Shown a love for SOLIDWORKS products and want to convey it more largely
Adopted our community-driven approach to software development (ex: participating in Alpha/BETA programs, submitting enhancement requests, etc.)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:41 pm https://www.solidworks.com/tr/community ... -champions
my question is still valid, it will be very good for me to get information from someone who knows.
Oh that what it was.
Complain in the SwYmP enough and you'll get an invite.
3DSwym-Invite.jpg
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

My interpretation:

Earned a SOLIDWORKS and/or 3DEXPERIENCE certification through our Certification Program
pay us money

Attended 3DEXPERIENCE WORLD and/or a SOLIDWORKS Launch event –either online or in-person - over the last 12 months
pay us money

Demonstrated active participation within online communities (forums, social media), SOLIDWORKS User Groups, or local initiatives (such as STEM programs)
help convince others to pay us money

Adopted our community-driven approach to software development (ex: participating in Alpha/BETA programs, submitting enhancement requests, etc.)
do our beta testing for us.
-
Frederick_Law

My interpretation:

Shown a Hate for SOLIDWORKS products and want to convey it more largely
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I don't think either of us would qualify for the Chumpians program.
-
AlexLachance

Good afternoon all,

intern came in yesterday morning so I had quite the busy day yesterday. She seems very abled and willing, which is always fun to have.
mattpeneguy

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm Good afternoon all,

intern came in yesterday morning so I had quite the busy day yesterday. She seems very abled and willing, which is always fun to have.
You could tamp down some of that enthusiasm by creating a 3DSwamp account for her.......Wait, why did I tag that as sarcasm?....
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:14 pm You could tamp down some of that enthusiasm by creating a 3DSwamp account for her.......Wait, why did I tag that as sarcasm?....
Have they gotten to you, Matt? :lol:
mattpeneguy

AlexLachance wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:32 pm Have they gotten to you, Matt? :lol:
Yes:
image.png
image.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Ömür Tokman

SPerman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:56 pm My interpretation:

pay us money

pay us money

do our beta testing for us.
I thought of it like a competition. You destroyed my dreams. I was going to be the champion .... :D
Roasted By John

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:22 pm I thought of it like a competition. You destroyed my dreams. I was going to be the champion .... :D
Champion of the World

I tried my best to be just like
The other boys in school
I tried my best to get it right
And died at every duel
This mountainside is suicide
This dream will never work
Still the sign upon my headstone, write
"A champion of the world"
I tried my best to stay alight
Fly like a firework
I tried my best at taking flight
But my rocketship reversed
Oh, referee, don't stop the fight
Everyone can see, I'm hurt
But I'll stand before conquistadors
'Til I'm champion of the world
And when I sail
I'm sailing west
(Though I might fail) Knowing I might fail
But, still I am hoping for the best
And in my dreams
Onto my chest
She'll pin the colours and say
"I wandered the whole wide world but
Baby, you're the best"
So I'm flying on my bicycle
Heading upwards from the Earth
I am jumping with no parachute
Out into the universe
I have E.T. on my bicycle
Because giving up won't work
I am riding on my rocketship
And I'm champion of the world
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Frederick_Law

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:22 pm I thought of it like a competition. You destroyed my dreams. I was going to be the champion .... :D
Its an American Dream.
Go pay for it ;;
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

A search led me to this:
image.png
-
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

I was looking through my VAR website and come across this:
https://www.cad-vision.com.my/when-shou ... for-cloud/

I thought it will be a quality read and at least some valid comparisions/discussions
But instead i was welcomed with their marketing BS...

PS: I know the page is poorly designed (whats wrong with people, do they really think a small font is a good choice?)
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Frederick_Law

3DSwym-56.jpg
As in Solidworks?
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:27 am 3DSwym-56.jpg
As in Solidworks?
Maybe? Thats why they ask us to move to CLOUD so that we can use their so call advance technology including SWYMP.

To be frank here, i do think cloud had its own place... But the way they are writing the blog make it sound like those who do not use cloud are sore loser, as well as a bunch of misinformation.

o[
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
AlexLachance

Good morning yall, back from the fishing trip, had some wonderful weather, caught a lot of fish and a lot of beer.
mattpeneguy

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:55 am Good morning yall, back from the fishing trip, had some wonderful weather, caught a lot of fish and a lot of beer.
Pictures or it didn't happen...of the fish, not the beer...
Frederick_Law

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:55 am Good morning yall, back from the fishing trip, had some wonderful weather, caught a lot of fish and a lot of beer.
Stay inside all weekend, 33C plus humid.
Which lake can you fish beer? UU
AlexLachance

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:19 am Pictures or it didn't happen...of the fish, not the beer...
I'll try and post the few I have when I'm home. Walleyes and pikes mostly, some decent walleyes, mostly small pikes.