The Best Presentation of 3DXW22 (AKA SW2022) - Do Not Miss It!

Alin
Answers: 3

Re: The Best Presentation of 3DXW22 (AKA SW2022) - Do Not Miss It!

Unread post by Alin »

bnemec wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:33 pm Alin, Respectfully, I get the feeling that there's very little hope from the users that gaining visibility or tagging DSS employees will have any more affect than shouting into a cave or posting comments here. The people in charge will go on believing what they choose to believe. It is clear from their responses that they are not interested in the users concerns, instead they remain focused on their ideologies with acute tunnel vision.
Respectfully, I disagree. After the many Hive meetings and the TTL meeting at 3DXW22, I got 5 follow-up emails form the Product Definition Teams (2 different Teams: Ux and Assemblies) to further discuss my position on the enhancements proposed and (in progress) to the software.
Yesterday I did 2 x Alpha testing on enhancements that will be introduced in a coming service pack and in the next version of the software.
Unfortunately, I am bound by NDA and cannot disclose the areas of the software I tested. But, I can tell you, I am over the moon with excitement. :)

I am extremely impressed with their reaction time and thoroughness on how such enhancements are implemented. It is easy to submit an idea for the TTL, it is something else to implement it. I can tell you that I saw some of the ideas submitted getting substantially improved by the PD team. It is like you ask for a Walmart bicycle and get a racing bike instead, with all the bells and whistles, that can also be quickly converted to electric power...

And, it is my understanding that many of the users who commented in those meetings or in the Forum, got the same treatment from SW. I imagine other people who post here were invited to such meetings.

Same thing goes for working with the team that is charged to improve the forum experience. Notwithstanding the rash decision to switch from JIVE to SWYM without a thorough preparation, a lot of things have significantly improved in the last year. There are a lot of passionate SW employees who are listening to users and do their best to act accordingly. And... the good news is that the top DSS people started to notice that and support their efforts.

So, my experience with tagging DSS employees and engaging with them is quite different than what you stated.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Re: The Best Presentation of 3DXW22 (AKA SW2022) - Do Not Miss It!

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Alin wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:12 pm . . . And, it is my understanding that many of the users who commented in those meetings or in the Forum, got the same treatment from SW. I imagine other people who post here were invited to such meetings.
I know of one that was.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"