Does anyone actually use 3DExperience in a productive manner?

matt
Answers: 18

Re: Does anyone actually use 3DExperience? Still waiting.......

Unread post by matt »

mattpeneguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 am Correction:
image.png
ayayayyyy. You guys are brutal. I'd go over and offer them some help, but that might not be seen as totally sincere. Plus, I'm sure they've got a committee on top of the situation... UU

Y'all keep throwing gas on that dumpster fire, it's bound to go out sometime. ;;
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

christian chu wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 pm it's ashamed that I'm still learning how to use sw*m site
Once you come to understand that the whole point of the platform is obfuscation, things make much more sense...
mattpeneguy

matt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:22 pm ayayayyyy. You guys are brutal. I'd go over and offer them some help, but that might not be seen as totally sincere. Plus, I'm sure they've got a committee on top of the situation... UU

Y'all keep throwing gas on that dumpster fire, it's bound to go out sometime. ;;
It's just too easy...It's like they just leave the full gas cans lying around everywhere over there...

But, I do really feel sorry for the people that have to work on it. I'm sure they're good people, and taking pride in your work is important. It reminds me of that guy Ryan Priddy. He took a lot of heat and was placed in a bad spot handling all of our wrath, but he really had no ability to fix anything. That's why whenever I see someone comment on one of those guy's intelligence or ability, I'm quick to jump in. Those people individually aren't the problem. It's got to be difficult and what's that saying, "all the responsibility but none of the authority"...
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

christian chu wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 pm it's ashamed that I'm still learning how to use sw*m site
You shouldn't be. I'm not ashamed that I'm not willing to invest the time needed to learn how to use it.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I'm still baffled you guys spend so much time over there, only to come back here and complain how bad it is?

I guarantee you somewhere at DSS there is a manager looking at all the activity and click counts and screaming "Victory!" He could care less that 90% of the activity is bashing his product. Traffic is traffic.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

SPerman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:46 am I'm still baffled you guys spend so much time over there, only to come back here and complain how bad it is?

I guarantee you somewhere at DSS there is a manager looking at all the activity and click counts and screaming "Victory!" He could care less that 90% of the activity is bashing his product. Traffic is traffic.
I am in the "user focus group" that they didn't start listening to until waaaayyy too late. There is a DSS executive in that group that is doing EXACTKY that! They are smokin' their own dope!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

mattpeneguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:24 pm Once you come to understand that the whole point of the platform is obfuscation, things make become much more sense clear...
FIFY
christian chu
Answers: 0

Unread post by christian chu »

SPerman wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:46 am I'm still baffled you guys spend so much time over there, only to come back here and complain how bad it is?

Actually, I did google search and was pointed to that site. Clicking on the search item and can't expand it - I thought what's the heck ... Don't have time to find the tricks of using the site which is supposed to be friendly to the users
By the way, I've not complained at all as I wanted to find a way to find a result from my search
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

christian chu wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:27 pm Actually, I did google search and was pointed to that site. Clicking on the search item and can't expand it - I thought what's the heck ... Don't have time to find the tricks of using the site which is supposed to be friendly to the users
it is? :?: :!: That's news to me.
mattpeneguy

Another helpful graphic:
image.png
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:39 pm Another helpful graphic:
image.png
I would take a cloud version of SW that is stable, does what you think it should, is consistent, doesn't run out of resources and crash and many more over the Desktop version I currently have. :D
mattpeneguy

I couldn't help myself...
image.png
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

MJuric wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:40 pm I would take a cloud version of SW that is stable, does what you think it should, is consistent, doesn't run out of resources and crash and many more over the Desktop version I currently have. :D
... and had APIs
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:39 pm Another helpful graphic:
image.png
I'm tempted to login just to vote on that poll.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Glenn Schroeder

Soooo. . . I went there this morning (I have https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... dgY7-jbZPg bookmarked). I was out sick yesterday, so thought I'd catch up. I could only go back to some time yesterday. That was annoying.

Also, it showed I have Notifications. I click on the icon to show them . . . and it just says "Loading", with nothing happening.

I don't know why I still bother, other than the occasional chance to help someone with a problem, which I enjoy. However, I'm beginning to think the frustration outweighs any advantages. I don't want to have to double up on my blood pressure medication.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:49 am
Also, it showed I have Notifications. I click on the icon to show them . . . and it just says "Loading", with nothing happening.
That's been that way for...well forever. Sometimes it loads right up, other times...nothing.

Notifications over there are awful in general. Things show up in Notifications that you click on and they don't show up in the post. Seems like you get 2-3 notifications for the same thing. "Unread notifications" number rarely actually matches how many unread notifications you actually have.

Some posted that depending on how you get to a post, via the main view or via the notifications, sometimes none of the responses are visible.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

So did it finally just completely implode?
image.png
mattpeneguy

MJuric wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:33 am So did it finally just completely implode?

image.png
Nah, it's back up.

I'm a little disappointed it appears they've been deleting some of the memes I was posting over there from the media library. I guess that was inevitable, but for a while it was pretty funny because every 5th or 6th picture as you scrolled in the media was some stupid meme about how awful the platform is...They left some of them, but nowhere near what was there before...And unfortunately the "Full Moon" one is gone. I thought that one was particularly funny (though, probably the most over the line.)
Dtief190

Unread post by Dtief190 »

I signed in today, just to re check that it's still a mess.... Not that I didn't think it wouldn't be. No, I don't go there much, since it's useless. Maybe once every other week so I don't contribute much to the traffic counter.
mattpeneguy

image.png
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:17 pm Nah, it's back up.

I'm a little disappointed it appears they've been deleting some of the memes I was posting over there from the media library. I guess that was inevitable, but for a while it was pretty funny because every 5th or 6th picture as you scrolled in the media was some stupid meme about how awful the platform is...They left some of them, but nowhere near what was there before...And unfortunately the "Full Moon" one is gone. I thought that one was particularly funny (though, probably the most over the line.)
I think they are doing some pretty heavy moderating over there and/Or the data integrity is just falling apart. I've seen responses, mostly negative ones, disappear as well as some unfavorable posts go away.
mattpeneguy

Huh, I was wrong, there it is. I couldn't find it before:
image.png
Hey @matt, you were asking for emoji suggestions...how about that one?
mattpeneguy

Just a couple more for the media library over there:
image.png
image.png
Once they're available in the media library, please feel free to use them and any other ones I've posted. That's what the media library is there for.
Glenn Schroeder

image.png

It's not completely useless. It does a fine job of serving as a bad example.

IndianaDave

Unread post by IndianaDave »

I decided to join my former VAR (CATI) 3DExperience user group Webinar this afternoon...
It was basically a sales pitch trying to sell the platform.
"Over 400 apps" on the platform you can use...
They showed XForm? I think... feeform modeling on the cloud.
I asked why they didn't just improve, or add the functionality to the Solidworks surfacing capabilities.
I guess it's on a whole different kernel, but can be imported into Solidworks, and can maintain associativity with the XForm model...

I told them, for our purposes, and most likely 95% of their customers, a more robust, reliable, stable CAD program is all we want.
I did mention what a mess the website is, and how difficult it is to make sense of what exactly it is, and where stuff is.
mattpeneguy

IndianaDave wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:52 pm I decided to join my former VAR (CATI) 3DExperience user group Webinar this afternoon...
I asked why they didn't just improve, or add the functionality to the Solidworks surfacing capabilities.
I guess it's on a whole different kernel, but can be imported into Solidworks, and can maintain associativity with the XForm model...

I told them, for our purposes, and most likely 95% of their customers, a more robust, reliable, stable CAD program is all we want.
I did mention what a mess the website is, and how difficult it is to make sense of what exactly it is, and where stuff is.
And I expect this was how it went:
image.png
Good for trying...but you aren't speaking to the people who make those decisions...they're tasked with selling the garbage...
berg_lauritz
Answers: 6

Unread post by berg_lauritz »

IndianaDave wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:52 pm I decided to join my former VAR (CATI) 3DExperience user group Webinar this afternoon...

Next time ask him about if this platform supports macros...

tu
mattpeneguy

At some time, I'm going to get tired of posting this:
image.png
That time hasn't come, yet...
mattpeneguy

It's just too easy:

image.png
image.png
Here's the file if anyone wants it as an avatar or to post it:
Death Star.png
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Nostradamus predicted all of this would happen.
Attachments
Nostradamus-1.png
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
mattpeneguy

zxys001 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:55 am Nostradamus predicted all of this would happen.
image.png
image.png (218.58 KiB) Viewed 7586 times
This the same guy?
image.png
image.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 7586 times
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:42 am This the same guy?
image.png
Yep, it's true, I had coffee with him in 1999,.. seemed like a rational guy who said he was miss understood. **
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
mattpeneguy

image.png
image.png
mattpeneguy

Just too easy, I tell you...
image.png
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

..ah,.. the best part was seeing that blow hole get all choked up (like our most recent opportunist dumpsters)
Attachments
image_2021-08-14_084450.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
Courtesy of @Frederick_Law...
mattpeneguy

It's fulfilling to see the media library properly populated with relevant images:
image.png
berg_lauritz
Answers: 6

Unread post by berg_lauritz »

@mattpeneguy I love & hate your saltiness.
mattpeneguy

Save your hate for over there...but, seems like they like you:
image.png
Don't worry, I tried to set them straight:
image.png
download.gif
download.gif (3.12 MiB) Viewed 7420 times
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

I just notice this...
The idea is OUT

It will be more interesting if they put the status as DROWNED instead of OUT since it is a SWYMP ;)
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

LOL It was out long time ago.
Still got a few other going.

We might get a pager for notice ;;
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:25 am It's not completely useless. It does a fine job of serving as a bad example.
@mattpeneguy

Feel free to add this to the 'library'
image.png
Jason
mattpeneguy

jcapriotti wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:42 pm @mattpeneguy

Feel free to add this to the 'library'

image.png
Perfect!
mattpeneguy

Here's another good one:
Losing.png
Losing.png (87.4 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
mattpeneguy

And another one:
Despair.png
mattpeneguy

Planning.png
Reennie

Unread post by Reennie »

You guys are on a mission.... oa
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:44 pmPlanning.png
Matt, you should apply for a job at despair.com. :lol:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
mattpeneguy

mike miller wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56 am Matt, you should apply for a job at despair.com. :lol:
Despair.com should just by the 3DXP platform...
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

image.png
Jason