What does this icon mean

Here we have answers to common questions about SolidWorks. If you want to request or contribute answers, just flag down a moderator.
SPerman
Answers: 13

What does this icon mean

Unread post by SPerman »

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
SPerman

Re: What does this icon mean

Unread post by SPerman »

There's an extra image at the bottom that I can't get rid of. Isn't there a way to edit via HTML with this forum software?
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

Yeah, just delete the last line of text:
image.png
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

There are 7 lines of text and 8 images, with the last having an "Attachment" header.
-
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

Try clicking the delete file button.
2021-03-18 09_39_35-Window.jpg
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
matt

Unread post by matt »

When you add the images, it's tempting to click "place inline", and that adds a duplicate line of text. Either delete the line of text or use the Delete button @Jaylin Hochstetler shows.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Thank you!

Is there a place that sells posters of these icons? Like guitar chords poster or periodic tables of elements posters? I would get a bunch for our users to hang up.

It could include default keyboard short cuts, etc. Not tips and tricks, as those can become a stumbling block for some use cases, just a bunch of the default stuff and icons or conventions that SW uses. Also, not to much on the Admin side, just the stuff we want the users to know and have in the front of their minds while working in SW.

Maybe one for PDM too?
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

matt wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:05 am When you add the images, it's tempting to click "place inline", and that adds a duplicate line of text. Either delete the line of text or use the Delete button @Jaylin Hochstetler shows.
From my experience if you click "place inline" it will only show it in the body of the message. And if you don't click "place inline" it will show it as an attachment.

I always drag and drop the images into my message which puts it in as an attachment, then I click "place inline" to place it in the body of the message. For some reason the copy and paste method does not work for me. (I am using Firefox)
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I was using ctrl-v to paste from the windows snipping tool. The "delete file" button worked, but I'm still not sure what I did.
-
matt

Unread post by matt »

Jaylin Hochstetler wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:06 am
matt wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:05 am When you add the images, it's tempting to click "place inline", and that adds a duplicate line of text. Either delete the line of text or use the Delete button @Jaylin Hochstetler shows.
From my experience if you click "place inline" it will only show it in the body of the message. And if you don't click "place inline" it will show it as an attachment.

I always drag and drop the images into my message which puts it in as an attachment, then I click "place inline" to place it in the body of the message. For some reason the copy and paste method does not work for me. (I am using Firefox)
I think it depends on HOW you put it in. If you put it in using the Attachments tab, then yes, you're right. If you Ctrl-V an image directly into the post, it activates an extension I added, and it puts the image directly inline, and if you click Place Inline, you get it twice.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

It deleted the wrong file. Everything I do makes it worse.

I will come back and fix the original post when I have time.

I also realized the post on the solidworks forum was full of links to the help file.
-
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

Matt,

Feel free to delete the irrelevant posts from this thread. I think I finally have it fixed.
-
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

bnemec wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am Thank you!

Is there a place that sells posters of these icons? Like guitar chords poster or periodic tables of elements posters? I would get a bunch for our users to hang up.

It could include default keyboard short cuts, etc. Not tips and tricks, as those can become a stumbling block for some use cases, just a bunch of the default stuff and icons or conventions that SW uses. Also, not to much on the Admin side, just the stuff we want the users to know and have in the front of their minds while working in SW.

Maybe one for PDM too?
We've got a wide-format printer (48"?). We should talk. ;)
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

mike miller wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:48 am
bnemec wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am Thank you!

Maybe one for PDM too?
We've got a wide-format printer (48"?). We should talk. ;)
Good point, there's a plotter here as well. I'm guilty of making things I would be better off buying, but I'm certain we would be better off buying some posters if done well by someone with a little time and creativity and understanding of Solidworks would make them. Could buy a high res image for plotting, would be obsolete every year anyway. Could probably be a little side gig for someone if they know how to sell the value added product while legally navigating the trademarks and copyrights.