Feature tree manager default to extended

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Robair
Answers: 0

Feature tree manager default to extended

Unread post by Robair »

Is there a way of letting the Feature tree/Feature manager stay extended?

Elaborating:
When opening an existing sketch/part I must open the extended Feature tree by clicking on the right pointer at the top of the tree and to the left of the feature tree column icons.
When I however return to this sketch/part after saving and closing, I must re-extend the feature tree every time.
Its really a pain and I would prefer to default this extended tree to the extended selection.

Is this possible?
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Feature tree manager default to extended

Unread post by mike miller »

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but I have two suggestions.

1. Click on the top of the tree and press the "*" key. (Note that using Shift+8 does not work, you need a numbered keyboard.) This expands every possible item in the tree.

2. Press Ctrl+T. This activates Flat Tree Display which shows absorbed features like sketches.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Right-click on the file name at the top of the tree and choose this option.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Lucas
Answers: 2

Unread post by Lucas »

Robair wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:03 am When I however return to this sketch/part after saving and closing, I must re-extend the feature tree every time.
Its really a pain and I would prefer to default this extended tree to the extended selection.

Is this possible?
You could save a template with the Show Flat Tree View checked, will be set as default when you start a new one/kept after saves.