Conditional notification option disappeared

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
revenki
Answers: 0

Conditional notification option disappeared

Unread post by revenki »

I've been building a new workflow over the past week. In the process, I discovered conditional notifications, and added one to one of the transitions to test it out. It worked, and I decided to add it to transitions in a couple of other workflows.

Only, the option is no longer there. I only have the options to Add Folder Notification, Remove Notification, and Edit Notification.

I know I wasn't imagining things, as the one I created as a test is still there. But even in that transition, the Add Conditional Notification is gone.

Is there a setting or the like that I may inadvertently disturbed that would account for this? How do I make it available again?

(Using Enterprise PDM 2019 SP5, build 27.5 (B77).)
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Conditional notification option disappeared

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Make sure you are selecting the transition and not the state. The state notifications only show the 3 you mentioned.
Jason
revenki
Answers: 0

Re: Conditional notification option disappeared

Unread post by revenki »

Following up on this:

I talked to our VAR, and they said conditional notifications disappearing is a bug peculiar to 2019 SP5.

I ended up programming my own email VBS that I can execute as a command on transition. Which is a better option, as the content of the conditional notification isn't useful or descriptive anyway.