Share Customized Hole Wizard

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Richard A
Answers: 0

Share Customized Hole Wizard

Unread post by Richard A »

In Solidworks 2017 I used the "Toolbox Settings" to add some additional tapped hole sizes that aren't there by default.

I would like to share these with other SW users here.
Is it as simple as copying over a file?
If so, what is the file name and where do I find it?
Is there some other method for doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard in Houston
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Share Customized Hole Wizard

Unread post by MJuric »

Richard A wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:31 pm In Solidworks 2017 I used the "Toolbox Settings" to add some additional tapped hole sizes that aren't there by default.

I would like to share these with other SW users here.
Is it as simple as copying over a file?
If so, what is the file name and where do I find it?
Is there some other method for doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard in Houston
When using Tool Box the best way to use it is if everyone is working off the same toolbox. Easiest way to do this is to put the ToolBox Data base on a shared network and then have everyone direct their toolbox to that.

NOT doing this opens you up to a whole slew of issues and problems.

There are also several ways to accomplish what you want to do.

a) do as above and save your ToolBox in a shared directory and people can redirect to it for temporary use.
b) Export the specific fastener out of the TB to Excel and then have the other user import it. This will however overwrite any changes they may have made in their toolbox.
C) Export your ToolBox to Excel. Have the other person Export their TB to Excel. Merge the two and then import. This retains changes in both Tool Boxes.

to copy the tool box the easiest way is to copy the entire hole wizard tool box directory. To find this go to Options>Hole Wizard/Toolbox and this will be shown in the "Folder" box.

To Export individual fasteners RMB on any folder or item in the toolbox in the design library. Select configure. In the Left hand panel view browse to the fastener you want to export and click on it. This will pull up the data base. In the upper left hand corner of the table you'll see an icon that looks like an Excel spreadsheet. Click the drop down arrow and you can export and import from there.
JuTu
Answers: 1

Unread post by JuTu »

MJuric wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:19 pm When using Tool Box the best way to use it is if everyone is working off the same toolbox. Easiest way to do this is to put the ToolBox Data base on a shared network and then have everyone direct their toolbox to that.
Yup. I've been lobbying towards this on various other cases. Use a shared network drive and file locations options to target specific settings or options as a teamwide administration tool. These could be almost anything. Color swatches, textures, templates, block libraries... you name it.
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 0

Unread post by David Matula »

It was always fun to keep that updated when installing the new version. Each year it seemed like i needed to contact tech support. Even then we had fun getting it to update so that we could use the custom one.