Solidwork and OneDrive

Per S
Answers: 0

Solidwork and OneDrive

Unread post by Per S »

When I start use OneDrive store my Solidworks file one year ago I see where use when search. An exampel, I search for drawing 500325 a part, then OneDrive even give me what sub assembly 500325 was used in. But now I not have this function. Is there some setting in OneDrive or they changed the it?
JuTu
Answers: 1

Re: Solidwork and OneDrive

Unread post by JuTu »

I haven't been using SW with OneDrive lately, but I havn't had any problems with them working together. Do you share the folder or file with other users? Could it have been saved at some point in some other external location and the file had lost it's references.

As far as I know neither SolidWorks or OneDrive have any built-in functionalities either way. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 0

Unread post by IndianaDave »

Onedrive has nothing to do with "where used"
That would be your PDM.
Brian-M
Answers: 1

Unread post by Brian-M »

What method are you using for the Where Used search?
With OneDrive I imagine PDM is not being used at all?
If you have OneDrive syncing files locally, then it's basically just another folder, with no special behaviors for SolidWorks. Is there a OneDrive setting where you don't really have copies of all the files, to save space it just has a placeholder? Google Drive has something like this, and that would mess up Where Used.
Also may want to check your indexing settings, if those changed...
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

To ensure the files are always stored locally, right click on the folder in file explorer and check "Always keep on this device."
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams