SW2022 Automatically Adding Descriptions to New Configurations

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

SW2022 Automatically Adding Descriptions to New Configurations

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

As the title states, since I've updated to SW2022, whenever I create a new Part configuration it automatically adds a description. Is anyone else seeing that, and if yes, do you know how to turn it off? By default it's using the name of the previous active configuration. As you can see in the screenshot below, that can be a problem. I don't generally have descriptions in my configurations, and don't want to have to delete it every time.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: SW2022 Automatically Adding Descriptions to New Configurations

Unread post by SPerman »

For me, SW has always duplicated the Configuration name in the Description for any new configuration created. It doesn't appear until after you click the green check mark. I'm still on 2020, but I know it did that on previous versions. Hopefully there is a setting somewhere to control this behavior.

ETA: I've not seen it use the wrong information in the description field.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

This is the only thing I can find in the help.
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Tera
Answers: 2

Unread post by Tera »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:06 pm Is anyone else seeing that, and if yes, do you know how to turn it off?
For me only the first one has a descriptions. Others are blank :
1.jpg
1.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I'm not sure what's going on. As you can see in the screenshot, SW automatically added that description to the newly created configuration. For me, previous versions didn't do that.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"