Macro to Change Hole Call Out Format

Programming and macros
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Macro to Change Hole Call Out Format

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Someone asked on Reddit for a solution to change the hole call out with instances at the end (like below picture. Since there is no direct way, I made a macro to do it. Sharing it if anyone wants to try/use.

Zip file contains macro and macro button BMP file.

Edit: Fixed the macro for single qty hole call out.
image.png
Attachments
Change Hole Call Out Format (SW2022).zip
(19.21 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Macro to Change Hole Call Out Format

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Nice Deepak!,
Just curious, could this be changed in the calloutformat.txt file to have all holes shown that way? It's been so long since I messed with it but IIRC if you change it there then it should update all holes, correct?
gupta9665

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:39 pm Nice Deepak!,
Just curious, could this be changed in the calloutformat.txt file to have all holes shown that way? It's been so long since I messed with it but IIRC if you change it there then it should update all holes, correct?
Unfortunately the instance count position is not controlled by the calloutformat.txt file but it hard codes. So macro is basically moving the instance count to end of the hole call out in the drawing. In case of any changes in the hole (size, qty, etc.), the call out will update and so will be the qty.
Deepak Gupta
mattpeneguy

gupta9665 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:56 am Unfortunately the instance count position is not controlled by the calloutformat.txt file but it hard codes. So macro is basically moving the instance count to end of the hole call out in the drawing. In case of any changes in the hole (size, qty, etc.), the call out will update and so will be the qty.
Hmm...You had to make that correction over at Reddit, too. Sorry I should have read over there before posting that. Thanks for clarifying.
BTW, I don't see the zip file in your OP (am I missing something?).
image.png
Over at Reddit you provide a link to 3DSwym and maybe the file is there. But, I'm guessing most of those Reddit people don't have accounts. But, they can view posts here without an account though. So could you post it here?
gupta9665

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:44 am Over at Reddit you provide a link to 3DSwym and maybe the file is there. But, I'm guessing most of those Reddit people don't have accounts. But, they can view posts here without an account though. So could you post it here?
I had posted the file at both locations so that users can download from either location.

Seems like I forgot to reload the updated macro here, added now. Thank you for pointing that out.
Deepak Gupta
mattpeneguy

Thanks Deepak!