display of suppressed entities

KSHansen
Answers: 0

display of suppressed entities

Unread post by KSHansen »

Why do the centermarks for a circular feature show in the drawing, even when the feature is suppressed in the model?

Also, I have a sketch that is suppressed, but it shows in the drawing as well. I can select and delete it in the drawing, which doesn't change it in the model, but when I unsuppress it in the model, it doesn't reappear in the drawing.

Not only that, but the sketch does not show up in the same line font as in the model. So I have to change it in both places.

Does this all make sense? Is this how it normally works?
Tom G

Re: display of suppressed entities

Unread post by Tom G »

Did the drawing predate the current version of the component? If I have suppressed something previously annotated, then once I open the existing drawing to create a new revision, the old annotations are still present but detached (in grayish-yellow).

Do you want sketches to show up at all in the drawing? I do not. I have encountered similar before. I simply turn off visibility of sketches in all drawings, primarily by including that setting within my drawing template so that it becomes off by default.

For Line Font in a sketch, I am at a loss to advise. I use Line Types and Weights in defined layers with Per Standard document settings, only in drawings. Text annotation automatically goes to T layer, Dimensions to D layer, centerlines and marks to C layer, etc. unless set to otherwise. I personally have no use for line types in sketches, although I do commonly color them per purpose.
KSHansen

No, I created the drawing after the model. And I'm pretty sure I haven't changed whether the features were suppressed. When I unsuppress the features, the centermarks turn from greenish-grey to black, but the sketch lines stay grey and in the wrong line font.

I do want this sketch to show when its related features are unsuppressed. I created it to show the theoretical sharp corner of the feature. I don't really need it to have a font in the model, only the drawing. So I guess that if I hadn't changed it in the model, I'd only have to change it once.

I could put it on a layer, but who is going to remember that it's there, if they need it?
KSHansen

OK, now that's weird. I flipped the part in the drawing view 180 degrees. The suppressed feature with the centermarks used to be on the back of the part, but now it's on the front (the visible side). And now the centermarks have vanished. And when I switch it back, they're still invisible. So I guess that was just some kind of glitch? And I'm relieved?

Nothing about the sketch has changed (except its orientation).
KSHansen

Speaking of things I can't get rid of... When you use Find Intersection, and then you delete the dimensions, how do you remove the "intersection lines"? The ones that looks like extension lines, and show the point of intersection?
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

KSHansen wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:00 pm Speaking of things I can't get rid of... When you use Find Intersection, and then you delete the dimensions, how do you remove the "intersection lines"? The ones that looks like extension lines, and show the point of intersection?
Click where the lines would intersect. This will allow you to delete the virtual sharp that was created by 'Find Intersection'.
KSHansen

JSculley wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:26 pm Click where the lines would intersect. This will allow you to delete the virtual sharp that was created by 'Find Intersection'.
Thank you!
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

KSHansen wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:28 pm Why do the centermarks for a circular feature show in the drawing, even when the feature is suppressed in the model?

Also, I have a sketch that is suppressed, but it shows in the drawing as well. I can select and delete it in the drawing, which doesn't change it in the model, but when I unsuppress it in the model, it doesn't reappear in the drawing.

Not only that, but the sketch does not show up in the same line font as in the model. So I have to change it in both places.

Does this all make sense? Is this how it normally works?
They go dangling because the geometry is no longer there: There is this option for your drawings. The downside is it hides all dangling annotations and some you may want to see.
image.png
Jason
KSHansen

Good to know about this option. The suppressed sketch is still showing, though, and I had already gotten rid of the center marks.

The greenish-grey color of the center marks, does that indicate they were dangling?
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

KSHansen wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:59 pm . . . The greenish-grey color of the center marks, does that indicate they were dangling?
Yes.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

I do very little customizing of the interface, but top of the list is changing that greenish-gray color to red.

Dwight