solidworks cant find macro

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
colt
Answers: 0

solidworks cant find macro

Unread post by colt »

Solidworks says it can't find my macro at "x" file path. The macro is at "x" file path. I have to reassign the macro to my hotkey every time this happens.

It seems to happen at random intervals (months). It seems to be able to find about 50% of my assigned macros.

Anyone else had this happen? Can I write a macro to reassign my macros to my hotkeys?
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: solidworks cant find macro

Unread post by SPerman »

I was having similar issues, and it was because the files weren't up to date. If you are using PDM, try "get latest" on the macros and see if that solves the problem. I think one drive and similar file storage solutions can cause this problem as well, but I don't have an easy solution.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
colt

Unread post by colt »

Interesting. Did that automatically fix it for you or did you have to reassign?
colt

Unread post by colt »

I was mistaken. Today I got the popup and it was unable to find the macro. It is looking in the wrong place. It has reverted to looking in the solidworks install folder instead of my macro folder that I set in file locations.

I found where I think it stores the full path to the macro files but everything looks normal to me.
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Solidworks\SOLIDWORKS 2018\Customization\Macros

going to dig around in here after work to see if I can repair