Command Manager Issues

acolyte1
Answers: 0

Command Manager Issues

Unread post by acolyte1 »

Hi, if anyone has a way to help me with this it would really be appreciated.

I opened SolidWorks today, having done nothing differently and noticed nothing the previous time I closed out, and my entire Command Manager was missing or screwed up. I've tried customizing the menu in my settings, un-installing and re-installing solidworks, restarting my laptop and nothing has been able to recover even just the standard Solidworks command manager ribbon. The only Feature I have in my command menu is Extrude/Boss, my Sketch tab is all screwed up, I am missing my Evaluate tab and my Add-ins are also screwed up. See the image attached.

Can anyone please help me get back my standard command manager Features and tabs?

Thank you!

image.png
Dwight
Answers: 2

Re: Command Manager Issues

Unread post by Dwight »

Acolyte1

Did you try deleting you Solidworks registry? You do that with reg-edit, renaming the Solidworks (like from "Solidworks" to "Solidworks_old") so you can recover it if you need to. Solidworks should not be running. See . . .

https://www.cadmicro.com/blog/165/how-t ... ?locale=en

When you next start Solidworks, it will build a new registry.

This same thing should happen if you uninstall and reinstall, but perhaps not.

I would wait for a couple of other people to chime in here before doing this, to confirm that this is a good thing to try.

Dwight
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Once you have things back to where you like them, you can export these settings. If things go bad again in the future you can import your saved settings and your good to go again. That doesn't get you out of this mess, but will help avoid it in the future.

https://support.plmgroup.eu/hc/en-us/ar ... r-settings
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

SPerman wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 am Once you have things back to where you like them, you can export these settings. If things go bad again in the future you can import your saved settings and your good to go again. That doesn't get you out of this mess, but will help avoid it in the future.

https://support.plmgroup.eu/hc/en-us/ar ... r-settings
I have had varied success going down the folder structure, as the w/PDM vs w/o PDM note mentions (Dwight's link) you can try different folders to narrow down the scope of the "reset". Depends on how much someone likes redoing settings vs trial and error in registry.

@acolyte1, just curious, is your computer/network set up to use roaming profiles?
acolyte1

We are set up to use roaming profiles. I've never had this happen before though and have been using these roaming profiles for years.

Let me try your guys suggestions and let you know what I come up with, thanks in advance!
acolyte1

I'm getting an error that I cannot rename that folder.