Component Reference (ASM) data populating into a DWG BOM

Tom G
Answers: 0

Component Reference (ASM) data populating into a DWG BOM

Unread post by Tom G »

I started using Component Reference on my connection points, to identify what label they should get in the general arrangement drawing. That worked for what I used it for.

Now, I'm putting together a BOM. My 2nd column shown here is supposed to be empty, and uniquely unlinked to any custom property unlike every other column. It has served in the past to manually input a number from non-parametric documents into a balloon detail drawing.
Instead, here this column has Component References populating into it automatically. These were defined within the assembly, and not tied into the component's custom properties in any way. In this case, it bothers me none because I an not even using that column, but rather exporting and summarizing the rest of the BOM into a Piping BOM which includes these fittings.

I find it notable and odd that a Component Reference would appear in an unattributed BOM field at all.
Is this normal behavior for Component References? I have not utilized these much in the past. Install ref. 2018 SP5.
ASMComponentProperties.JPG
ASMComponentProperties.JPG (17.27 KiB) Viewed 357 times
DWGBOMwithComponentReference.JPG
RonE
Answers: 2

Re: Component Reference (ASM) data populating into a DWG BOM

Unread post by RonE »

I wasn't able to reproduce that in 2018 SP5 unless I've referenced that column to the component reference.

If you double-click the header of that column what does it show as column type?